Ertiga Mileage Details By All Ertiga Owners!

Thread Starter #1
Dear All,

How about all of us (Ertigans) putting together the 'Kitna deti hai' analysis on our Ertiga. I'm starting here with the detailed Fuel Log...Lets help each other to increase our FE's with the tips and tricks by the fellow Ertigans here.

Dont be shocked... I'm getting only around 11 to 12 Kmpl in crazy Bangalore city traffic with AC on most of the time. However on highways I'm getting close to 18. With this sort of lousy mileage and increasing Diesel cost, looks like I have made biggest blunder of going ahead with ZDI instead of ZXI - and to live with the Turbo Lag and Maruti has to seriously do something about it !
All mileage Log details:
Ertiga_Mileage.JPG

Decision Making (before puchase - check the breakeven peiod):
Calculations_Before_Purchase.jpg

Decision Making (After puchase - check the breakeven peiod!!):
Calculations_June_2013.jpg

However, my ODO FE reads ~14.5. The calculations above are all tankful to tankful with auto cut off at same fuel station (most of the time)

Lets get started with other Ertigans' FE...

Lets put in the details as below:

Model: ZDI or ZXI or LDI/LXI etc
City:
City Mileage: Mention with or without AC
Highway Mileag: Mention with or without AC

Let's pool in information of Ertiga Mileage at one place...

Cheers..Mahi

Refer my threads here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ive-review-ertiga-zdi-its-ice-travelogue.html

Last edited:
Kerb weight is the weight with all standard equipment and all liquids including full tank of fuel but excluding the driver and passengers and other accessories apart from standard equipment.

Gross weight is the maximum operating weight as specified by the manufacturer,including the all the fluids, fuel, accessories, driver, passengers and cargo.Does not include wight added by roof racks cargo trailers etc.

That being said, the Kerb weight of the Ertiga LXI is 1760Kgs and the LDi is 1845Kgs as per zigwheels.com

Kerb weight is the weight with all standard equipment and all liquids including full tank of fuel but excluding the driver and passengers and other accessories apart from standard equipment.

Gross weight is the maximum operating weight as specified by the manufacturer,including the all the fluids, fuel, accessories, driver, passengers and cargo.Does not include wight added by roof racks cargo trailers etc.

That being said, the Kerb weight of the Ertiga LXI is 1760Kgs and the LDi is 1845Kgs as per zigwheels.com
Ok, Manza with same engine has Kerb Weight - 1210 Kgs and Gross Weight - 1650 Kgs, hence might be the mileage is also higher at 16-ish in city and 19-ish on the highways.

Yes it would be the case.But I think we are OT here Anshuman.
Not quite, weight is a major governing factor for a car's FE. Why does same engine give more FE in Swift or Dzire but not in Ertiga?

Well, let us wait for all Ertiga owners/members to post their FE figures.

I did say it would be the case, meaning that I agreed that the higher weight causes the FE to be lower and comparing the FE of an MUV with a sedan or a hatchback is not fair.Although it is the same engine, it has been tuned differently for different applications.

@Mahi -- with due respect (and trying not be rude), Please get over these millage craze. Your car is perfectly fine when you are getting 11-12kmpl in b'lore and 18 in highway.
There are different aspect of owning (and using) a car and millage is JUST one of them , not THE ONLY one.
Oh.. let me make you calculation a bit more complex.
you didn't consider the extra amount you paid for ZDI instead of ZXI, with complex interest (or the opportunity lost if you paid full amount)
also you didn't consider the changing price of petrol, diesel cost and most importantly What would you do if the price suddenly changes? Sue the Government?? or ask your car to give more millage because you are now paying more money??
Please get over this "kitna deti hain" syndrome. This along is nothing, You will love your car if think positively.
and oh. I dont own a Ertiga, so yes, I don't know what exactly the millage should be.
( I own a petrol engined car and yes I didn't reach the figure you states)

@Mahi -- with due respect (and trying not be rude), Please get over these millage craze. Your car is perfectly fine when you are getting 11-12kmpl in b'lore and 18 in highway.
There are different aspect of owning (and using) a car and millage is JUST one of them , not THE ONLY one.
Oh.. let me make you calculation a bit more complex.
you didn't consider the extra amount you paid for ZDI instead of ZXI, with complex interest (or the opportunity lost if you paid full amount)
also you didn't consider the changing price of petrol, diesel cost and most importantly What would you do if the price suddenly changes? Sue the Government?? or ask your car to give more millage because you are now paying more money??
Please get over this "kitna deti hain" syndrome. This along is nothing, You will love your car if think positively.
and oh. I dont own a Ertiga, so yes, I don't know what exactly the millage should be.
( I own a petrol engined car and yes I didn't reach the figure you states)
I think its a great way to document the major reason why people go for diesel instead of petrol.Will help a lot of people make an advised decision about what car to purchase.

I also own Ertiga Zdi , although i calculated FE only when my car was <15k kms . Now my car has done 18000kms and runing just fine . Before 15k mark My car used to give 12-13kmpl in city and 16-18kmpl on highway . FE also depends on how you drive on highway, keep light foot on Accelerator paddle and stay below 2.5k RPM and you will see car giving more than 18-19kmpl easily. Max FE i got was 20kmpl in my dhule trip .

My Ertiga ZXI gives FE of 15.2 to 15.5 kmpl as per the display. My drive is usually mix of city + highway with A/C on intermittently.

What ever it is diesel ertiga DDIS is fun to drive than the VVT engine. I have done 3800Kms on my ertiga vdi and get an average of 18 km/l in Chennai with AC 100%. Fuel average always depends on how we rev the engine

I own a pertol and its good fun too.It makes power through out the RPM range.They have tuned the K14B really well.It is a petrol so the milege is just 14KMPL with full AC,just clocked 1000kms though.Used tankful to tankful method

Last edited:
Jarpickle@

Is the mileage varying across different load condition for your petrol Ertiga? ie 1 or 2 passengers or in full load (7/8 passengers)?ow is the initial pull with load compared to Diesel Ertiga?

Last edited:
Dear All,

How about all of us (Ertigans) putting together the 'Kitna deti hai' analysis on our Ertiga. I'm starting here with the detailed Fuel Log...Lets help each other to increase our FE's with the tips and tricks by the fellow Ertigans here.

Dont be shocked... I'm getting only around 11 to 12 Kmpl in crazy Bangalore city traffic with AC on most of the time. However on highways I'm getting close to 18.
Leave the 'Kitna deti hai' point here and I want to ask you "aur kitna lekar monoge bhai(How much more you want buddy)?"
The car is already delivering the right and c'mon yaar you can't expect it to deliver you Swift/DrireISH FE at least. It has got a small engine which needs a lot of working on gearbox to keep it moving in city premises and hence expecting some high figures will be a bit too optimistic(especially when you have mentioned the 'mad' city traffic) and 18 kpl is fantastic for a minivan on highways.

Jarpickle@

Is the mileage varying across different load condition? ie 1 or 2 passengers or in full load (7/8 passengers)?
Definitely it does, though it varies lesser in case of bigger and more powerful engines. Note: I said 'bigger and more powerful, not smaller and more powerful'. Smaller the engine higher will be the variation and vice versa.

Top Bottom