Difference Between CRDI and GLE in Hyundai Cars?

Thread Starter #1
What is the difference between crdi ad Gle cars ? [ in layman terms [confused]]

we have accent GLE and crdi versions . Which is a better car ? are there any problems related to crdi ?

please help

Re: difference between CRDI and GLE in hyundai cars

we have accent GLE and crdi versions . Which is a better car ? are there any problems related to crdi ?

please help
As far as i know GLE is a middle end model petrol engine and CRDI (common rail diesel injection) is a diesel engine, CRDI is a technology used just like MJD( Multijet diesel engine) and DI (Direct injection engine)

I assume in Hyundai petrol car's

GVS is the most basic
GLE is the middle end model
and GLS is the top end model

As far as i know GLE is a middle end model petrol engine and CRDI (common rail diesel injection) is a diesel engine, CRDI is a technology used just like MJD( Multijet diesel engine) and DI (Direct injection engine)

I assume in Hyundai petrol car's

GVS is the most basic
GLE is the middle end model
and GLS is the top end model
GLE refers to the trim package of the petrol engined car and CRDI refers to the Diesel engine technology.

The petrol engines now use VTVT technology(Variable Timing Valve Train) and Diesel uses CRDI technology(Common Rail Direct Injection), in Hyundai Cars.

The GLE,GVS,GLS were trim packages found in the older Hyundai accents.

Hyundai has changed the naming of the trim packages in the newer cars and its different for different cars.

Buy a car that suits your needs, driving conditions, daily running etc etc.There are a lot of criteria that dictate which car you should go for.So before we can suggest anything, please post your requirements.

please help
I have read over the internet that CRDI engines in Accent become troublesome after 75-80K run and maintenance becomes expensive. Not sure how much it is true though, may be members owning same can confirm.

Thread Starter #5

I am looking for a seconds car [ in hyderabad] in the budget 1-2.5 L [ lower the budget , better for me] . From various suggestions , I zeroed Wagon R [ WagonR since we are all heavily built people] , which suits our purpose . I'd drive not more than 500 kms per month and I am a novice in driving . But after going through olx and quikr , I saw many accent cars along with Ford Ikon which are available at very competitive rates.
So I'd need help which would be appreciated !

I am looking for a seconds car [ in hyderabad] in the budget 1-2.5 L [ lower the budget , better for me] . From various suggestions , I zeroed Wagon R [ WagonR since we are all heavily built people] , which suits our purpose . I'd drive not more than 500 kms per month and I am a novice in driving . But after going through olx and quikr , I saw many accent cars along with Ford Ikon which are available at very competitive rates.
So I'd need help which would be appreciated !
Stay off from Ford Ikon (P/D) or Accent(D). They have huge maintenance bills usually as spares are expensive.

Thread Starter #8

And what about Tata Indigo and indigo marina , Chevrolet Optra and Honda city 1.3 exi 2003 ?

Last edited:

And what about Tata Indigo and indigo marina , Chevrolet Optra and Honda city 1.3 exi 2003 ?
If you get a less abused and genuine mileage Indigo/Marina(D) you can go for it. Tata spares are dirt cheap. But you may not enjoy drive for same. Never buy a petrol version.

Again Optra(P/D) is a phased out car, spares will be expensive.

Honda (OHC) would be better choice as lot of aftermarket spares are available and local mechanics can also fix the same. If found a good piece it would be gem of a car.

Thread Starter #10

If you get a less abused and genuine mileage Indigo/Marina(D) you can go for it. Tata spares are dirt cheap. But you may not enjoy drive for same. Never buy a petrol version.

Again Optra(P/D) is a phased out car, spares will be expensive.

Honda (OHC) would be better choice as lot of aftermarket spares are available and local mechanics can also fix the same. If found a good piece it would be gem of a car.
thank you !

getting a 2003 city for 2.5 L , 70 k run !

And an indigo marina at 2.3L

thank you !

getting a 2003 city for 2.5 L , 70 k run !

And an indigo marina at 2.3L
The city is expensive, it should not be more than 1.5 - 1.75 lacs for a 70K , 10 year old.

Marina is which model and how much run ?

Thread Starter #12

The city is expensive, it should not be more than 1.5 - 1.75 lacs for a 70K , 10 year old.
Okie ! So thats out I suppose [surprise]

Marina is which model and how much run ?
Indigo Marina Lx Tdi Diesel 2006 , 78 k run , 1.9L [ the seller's assuring a 20 kmpl mileage ]

Indigo ls dicor 2007 [ mileage - 21 km] ..for 2.5 L

Okie ! So thats out I suppose [surprise]

Indigo Marina Lx Tdi Diesel 2006 , 78 k run , 1.9L [ the seller's assuring a 20 kmpl mileage ]

Indigo ls dicor 2007 [ mileage - 21 km] ..for 2.5 L
Stay off from DICOR, the spares of same are pretty expensive(unlike other TATA engines).

You can go for first one subject to condition of the car verified by a mechianic or from TASS. Price should be brought down to 1.75L. You can expect FE of around 15 in city and 18-19 in highway.

Happy hunting.

Thread Starter #14

Stay off from DICOR, the spares of same are pretty expensive(unlike other TATA engines).

You can go for first one subject to condition of the car verified by a mechianic or from TASS. Price should be brought down to 1.75L. You can expect FE of around 15 in city and 18-19 in highway.

Happy hunting.
Thank you buddy ...[:)]
whats TASS [confused] btw ?

Top Bottom