Transporting a Car From Amritsar To Pune !!

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys I want to send the car from Amritsar to Pune, what you guys recommend [confused][confused]--:::

Drive, or send through a transport carrier; if send through a carrier which carrier?? any experiences; please share your experiences.

Navi

Re: Send car from Amritsar to Pune !!

If possible you can drive down, though it might be cheaper to send by transport.

Do take a marine/transit insurance if you are sending by transport/carrier.

drive the vehicle mate. after you send it via any transporter the vehicle will be damaged. one of my pals who sent his scorpio from delhi to hyderabad had to spend 1.5 lakhs for repairs.

Driving yourself would be the best option,try to get one more driver with you so that it gets easy.

Hi Guys I want to send the car from Amritsar to Pune, what you guys recommend [confused][confused]--:::

Drive, or send through a transport carrier; if send through a carrier which carrier?? any experiences; please share your experiences.

Navi
Hi Nightrider,

I have shifted my car a few times, from Bangalore to Ahmedabad, Ahmedabad to Delhi, & Delhi to Bangalore, the last time was less than six months back and the car was less than 6 months old. In the process have gained a bit of experience.

Looking at the Map, its a little less than 2k Kms. So if you are a road enthusiast, you can choose to drive down, provided you have good company who happens to be a good driver as well.

The other alternative is through cargo. If you choose this, you have to be very careful about the service provider. Out of the few that I have used, I can recommend Agarwal Packers and Movers (Beware there are tons of frauds available). These guys have nation wide presence and have customer service as well, so that you can track your vehicle. Generally you can close the deal in between 12-15k depending on the vehicle and distance & they will give insurance too.
Note : If you choose to use these guys, make sure you are present during the loading of the vehicle. Make sure it is a covered big container (like the ones you will see on the road carrying new hyundai & maruti cars). Your car will be safe that way.

Also, if you choose to drive down, please calculate a few things like, Fuel Cost, How many night stops you have to make, night stay cost for both, food & miscellaneous expenses & the most important in my case, how many days you might have to take leave from work.

This should give you a fair Idea. And please feel free to ask anything else if you need.

Thread Starter #6
Thanks a lots guys, I checked more about transporters; the number of people's that have bad experiences is pretty high; I am inkling more and more towards driving myself. One of my friend can accompany me; we both can put + 13- 15 hours a day combined or more; so 1 night stay on the way and we will reach Pune. [drive] [;)] Also the car drives so great; so will be full to feel the car; lastly I just bought the car so to put it on the trailer doest seems to be a good idea.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=214285009635301230464.0004dbb4883e026eb5322&msa=0

One thing I want to ask you guys is how is the traffic on the golden corridor in the night ?? [confused] And do you guys recommend to travel in the night on the golden corridor (Highway No 8)??

I had traveled from Bombay to Pune at night and the experience was not good as the whole road was full with trucks; it felt so unsafe.

Thanks all

Last edited:
The best way to transport would be to drive it yourself + get one good driver for yourself.

I know one good driver(from amritsar ofcourse) that may come your use and takes Rs500/12 hours for whatever amount of drive you want him to do(though food/bus fare would be extra).

BTW, which car are you going to transport?

Thread Starter #8
Sarav veer I have a Vento Disel; One of my fiend might accompany I might need a driver also. Anyways can you please send me his number I will find out what he will charge for the whole trip.

Last edited:
Hi Nightrider as others mention driving is the best option else if you have to transport it choose a good service provider I had shifted our previous cars Fiat Sienna from Mumbai to Kolkata and back and my Alto from Chennai to Mumbai via transport.

The Sienna was severely damaged during the trip from Kolkata to Mumbai but the Alto came back without a scratch.

Sarav veer I have a Vento Disel; One of my fiend might accompany I might need a driver also. Anyways can you please send me his number I will find out what he will charge for the whole trip.
Hi NightRider,

I've tried to PM you but that was not successful. Anyway, Following are the details of driver :-

Name : Honey Atwal
Contact number : 09876076409
FB Id : https://www.facebook.com/honey.atwal.37

Thread Starter #11

Hi Nightrider,

I have shifted my car a few times, from Bangalore to Ahmedabad, Ahmedabad to Delhi, & Delhi to Bangalore, the last time was less than six months back and the car was less than 6 months old. In the process have gained a bit of experience.

Looking at the Map, its a little less than 2k Kms. So if you are a road enthusiast, you can choose to drive down, provided you have good company who happens to be a good driver as well.

The other alternative is through cargo. If you choose this, you have to be very careful about the service provider. Out of the few that I have used, I can recommend Agarwal Packers and Movers (Beware there are tons of frauds available). These guys have nation wide presence and have customer service as well, so that you can track your vehicle. Generally you can close the deal in between 12-15k depending on the vehicle and distance & they will give insurance too.
Note : If you choose to use these guys, make sure you are present during the loading of the vehicle. Make sure it is a covered big container (like the ones you will see on the road carrying new hyundai & maruti cars). Your car will be safe that way.

Also, if you choose to drive down, please calculate a few things like, Fuel Cost, How many night stops you have to make, night stay cost for both, food & miscellaneous expenses & the most important in my case, how many days you might have to take leave from work.

This should give you a fair Idea. And please feel free to ask anything else if you need.

Thanks Sudeep; Though there are two aggarwal packers which one is genuine ones .com or .in??

I am having some challenges with my friend or driver.. so might have to ship the car instead..

Thread Starter #12
Thank veer your message came just in time; I was having a hard time finding a driver as my friend has backed out; just called Honey; he is going to call back in few mins. Will let you know how it goes.[:)]

Hi NightRider,

I've tried to PM you but that was not successful. Anyway, Following are the details of driver :-

Name : Honey Atwal
Contact number : 09876076409
FB Id : https://www.facebook.com/honey.atwal.37

Good that you decided to drive yourself.
A month back I have transported my car from Mumbai to Jharsuguda(Orisssa) (1450 kms), I travelled with a friend adn we had to make two night halts, and reached by noon on the third day.
The roads were not excellent , but were of decent quality.

My advice would be to

• Avoid driving at night if you dont have roads with a divider.
  • Plan with a average speed of 60KMPH. It is practically quite difficult to maintain an average speed avove this taking indian road conditions, breaks into consideration
  • Donot overspeed >100, it doesnt improve your average speed, but will increase the risk considerably
  • A decent stretch of high speeds will not increase your average speed by much while a short stretch of very low speeds will bring it down considerably
  • Get your car serviced/checked prior to the journey

Best of luck for your trip

Thread Starter #14
Thanks Bud for your advice I am all set to start the journey tommrow. I have found an experienced driver also. Though I am quite comfortable at driving in the nights as I am quite familiar with the roads in my home state so will cover some distance in the night... nightrider [;)]

Top Bottom