How To Keep Car Key Safe in Amusement Parks / Waterfalls

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

Yesterday, I have been to Mysore- Balmuri fall with my cousins all boys dayout.The issue I faced that where to keep the Key as it has central locking. Decided to keep in a polythene pouch and keep under zipped pocket of short.

Since the water force was more and it couldn't withstand it and keys got wet.For a moment I felt that I am gone but it worked fine yesterday.

Today while going for groceries, the car central lock refused to response. I opened the door manually and it started buzzing. Then ranoff and searched for the duplicate key and it saved.

I thought of getting rectified at Suraksha Care but no luck as it was Sunday afternoon. I kept the faulty key in car and parked the car and locked it. After an hour of shopping, got to know that car central lock is getting opened or closed frequently. I opened the door on an alternate blink and came back.

Right now, I am little worried :
1: Is my key got damaged forever?
2: If no, can they clean the key and replace the battery.
3: Does warranty covers the key?

Suggestion:

Please suggest how to handle the above situation? Is there anyway to have just one spare ordinary key to lock the car and key the auto key inside.Can we order an ordinary key just for doors.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
well i'm going to reply to the question in the title.

should have used the locker i'm sure every parks has the facility. you kept your clothes there right.

Thread Starter #3
sorry , In India, we do not have provided facility unless until it's commercial.The place did not had any locker, it's just a nature gift to Mysore, Govt did not take care and people even use soap.

@Ertiga

Tell me the key is fault or the remote ?? I was bit confused with your post. If it is remote, just keep it under sun for a while and try it out and it works well. If not call the remote service guy and get it fixed.

While keeping under sun, try and open the remote and separate the battery and let it dry in heat.

The solution to the problem that where to keep the key

1. See if you have somebody accompanying you , then give the key to them, if not

See no body is watching you, then dig a small under the car on the ground place the key and close it, but do not forget where you kept it[lol]

Key should be kept with some one who is not going into water. If everyone plans to take bath, one person at a time should volunteer to be ashore and look after valuables/car key/mobile phones etc.

Thread Starter #7
Surkasha care has ordered for new remote and it will cost around 800. Expensive dip, I could have better used swimming pool to beat the summer.

350Z

Core Team
3: Does warranty covers the key?
A similar incident occurred with my relative’s Hyundai i10. He went to the Hyundai workshop to pick up the car after service and realized the key was all wet. Central locking didn’t function next day. However, workshop manager agreed to fix it since they were at fault. It’s important to note that warranty is applicable only if there's a manufacturing defect which clearly is not the case here.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Surkasha care has ordered for new remote and it will cost around 800. Expensive dip, I could have better used swimming pool to beat the summer.
Hi alok,
The ertiga Zdi comes with remote and the key in one piece,the rate quoted by the dealer is less in this case,
so get it confirm that which type of remote you get on this cost,i think they will be issuing an ordinary remote at this price.
If so it is better you service the original one locally, as i feel it is only the moisture inside the remote that plays.
If you can open the remote and dry it with a hair dryer i think it will work.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
Actually they will order the parts which can be assembled with key thats why the cost is cheap. This will be fixed with original key only.

Top Bottom