DIY Electrical Help Required

Thread Starter #1
Hi TAI friends,

I installed those water proof strip lights to my bike about a month back.As i had some knowledge in electrical setups. i installed about a feet of those to my bike dividing them into three parts.refer image.I connected them to the brake light on the head light line(the lamp hat turns on when u turn on your head light/pilot lamp)

as it was connected with the dynamo the power was not constant in the idle.so i planned of a DIY.i removed the power input from the old socket and connected it to the main ignition line.I have already connected the led pilot lamp to the same line.after connecting it to the ignition line i remembered that my mechanic failed to insert a switch between the line in the positive terminal of the line.so i placed the switch to the negative terminal and it worked hurray.

now the problem is.... when ever i function a dc part(engine turned off) the neutral light dims a bit.i have also used the super splendor's electric start switch and converted it into a pass button.when i press the pass button too the light dims.but when i turn the newly added strip lights on and off the neutral light does not react.

so my question is....even though i have added a switch to the negative point..do the lights draw power

Attachments

Try adding a switch on the positive side. I guess the wire is grounding some where.

Negative is passed through all the metal parts of the vehicle (car/bike).

what kind of cables have you used? have you ever attempted to replace stock cabling at anypart?
dimming could be attributed to current distribution issue i.e useage of thinner cables than required

Thread Starter #4
Varun

The positive didn't work i am happy the negative part but my doubt is the current usage

Jayadev

I am using speaker cables.now i am able to get the perfect current my problem was when using the current theough dynamo

Top Bottom