Cost To Replace Alto's Windshield. Can I Claim Insurance?

Thread Starter #1
Is it possible to claim insurance to get the front windshield of my Alto replaced?
How much much it approximately cost to replace it without insurance?

Thanks to the kids in my locality who broke the front windshield while playing cricket. Any ways need to get it replaced ASAP.

Any suggestions? Insurance of the vehicle is with Bajaj Alianz. Can I get a cashless replacement?

Re: Cost to replace Alto front windshield? Can I claim insurance?

Welcome life31,
If you have a comprehensive insurance then it will cover 100% of the windshield no matter how old your car is,
you have to pay for the adhesive used to fix the shield and the rubber beeding if have to be replaced, and an amount on policy excess.
Total amount have to be spend from your side will be around 2500-3000.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

i just read your question on another forum [:D]

insurance - alexddas said eveything right but i don't think you have to pay 2500. it will be around 1500 rupees including the claim i'm guessing. as far as i can remember i paid 1000 rupees in total for my i10 2 years back.

outside shops - i have replaced my i10's windshield for 2600 rupees , branded SAINT GOBAIN. there were 2 chinese windshield available for 1500 and 1950 rupees as well. so i'm guessing alto's windshield will be cheaper than the amounts i stated above.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...undai-trio-santro-i10-verna-7.html#post199129

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4

Thanks guys for the kind words.

Bit relaxed after reading your post here. I do have comprehensive insurance as my car is just 2.5 yrs old and is insured with Bajaj Allianz

Saint Gobain is of good quality if I am not wrong. Where did you get it changed? I need to check out with someone outside too.

BTW I read somewhere that bajaj offers cashless facility. Is it possible to claim the cashless facility in this case?

^^
Yes you will mostly offer cashless facility only.. they are tied up with most of the A.S.S and most biggy private garage to offer that
But do keep in mind that you will loose NCB on next year, ask for the total estimation in Maruti A.S.S, if the value is comparable with your NCB, don't ask for insurance.
BTW, You might find a cheaper alternative in local market, in all probability they would be good too. I would request you to use only original parts meant for your car only
(Just FYI.. Windscreen of a car is not just a normal glass, This is 2 layer glass with composite material so that it dont break like normal glass, they are designed to be broken in very small pieces, something that doesn't be fetal in case of accident, and you certainly don't want to loose those for just few thousand bucks.. Do you?)

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

i got this exchanged from a local glass shop. i'm sure your place must have the same.

sorry don't know much about cashless claims.

Thread Starter #7
Planning to visit the Maruti A.S.S next week as I am busy with March ending and could not take out time. I for sure do not want the cheap or Chinese ones. as the rainfall is very heavy in Goa and I do not want to risk for the water leakage or water entering the vehicle.

Friends,
Some one smashed my Nano's front windshield on saturday night. I live near sector-7, Dwarka, Delhi. Please let me know the cost for replacement and nearby shop. I inquired at one shop and it is Rs.3850/-. I also queried with Winshield experts,janakpuri. Their price is Rs. 4450/-. What about insurance? Help.

In my humble opinion, you might not want to claim insurance for this since you will lose out on the 'no claim bonus' in insurance premium. Since you anyways need to pay 1000 - 1500 from your pocket, it is wise to spend another 2 - 3k from pocket than claim insurance & lose out on NCB.

However, if you have already insurance this year it makes perfect sense to claim insurance.

Guys,
Got replaced genuine Tata Windshield on 14 Dec by Windshield experts. Total Damage is Rs. 4430/-. Job was done at doorstep. I have insurance from national insurance made through tata motors finance. Hence, there was some hitch to get claim. Therefore, I had to get this done on full cash.

Top Bottom