Mechanics / Garages in Your Cities: Advice & Reviews

Thread Starter #1
I am sure every city has its fair share of good & bad mechanics & garages & everyone of us has had great experiences with good ones & also very likely have been burnt by the bad ones[frustration] & had bad experiences.

Is there a thread where you can review & rate mechanics, garages in a city both small & big & even ASCs and also add new ones as we go?

Please let me know if we do else if the admins can create one that would be great. Meanwile I am hoping we can use this thread!

I can definitely rate a few in Bangalore!

Thread Starter #2
Re: Indian Mechanics / Car Garages Review.

I am guessing nobody is interested to praise mechanics & garages or bad mouth them [;)] or probably nobody has the time to do that.

Is there a way/feature on this forum to set up an anonymous mechanic/garage rating where we can add new names & rate from 1-10 (10 being best)all anonymously just similar to a poll. & then watch which ones come to the top ... should be interesting to see results! also might be very helpful to people!

Re: Indian Mechanics / Car Garages Review.

I am totally for this thread.I think it needs proper planning though.And people should be able to access the database and go through all the red flagged garages easily.

You have any ideas how we could do this?

Ford workshops in Noida

Hello,

I am looking for any good local ford workshop for my 8 year young Ford Fiesta Classic 1.4 Petrol preferably in Noida or Delhi/NCR. I am too much disappointed with the quality of work done and amount charged by the Ford authorized service centers. For the slightest of issues, all they can do is replace parts which at times feels very unreasonable. Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ASS V/s Local Mechanic-Both have their own positives
1.Most Local Mechanics don't ask you to leave the premises of service bay.While ASS have stringent rules to keep customers out of service bay(Unless if one is in good company with ASS staff they will also allow)
2.ASS mostly use appropriate equipments for works,while Local Mechanics will do in conventional styles.
3.Almost 90% of work can be done within ASS itself,while in local mechanic stations,Wheel Alignment,etc is to be done outside.
4.Part Swapping can take place in both cases,but if we can see the whole service (in Local workshop),part swapping can be prevented to certain extent.
5.Labour charges are mostly high in ASS.
6.VAT are also included in Bill in ASS.

In Trivandrum,I gave my wagon r for service in Automotif-Sasthamangalam.
Only first 3 services were done in Maruti Authorised service station.For past 10 years,no problem with car,only 3 years back a issue cropped with Power steering sensor board,which was replaced ny Automotif itself.
Other than that no problem with car.
Automotif doesn't have a wash area and wheel alignment equipments,we can request them to do it,they will do it mostly in Travancore wheels club,wash near Travancore wheels club.
Wash usually complimentary.
The service station-Chief Mechanic -Mr.Jeevan(Owner too),is qualified mechanic,expert with marutis,and is very honest in dealings.
He provides roadside assistance also in case of emegencies.[:)]

Do let me know if anyone has experienced their/other bosch service centers' services.
I have over 3 years of experience with Bosch Car Service (Maraimalai Nagar) and quite satisfied with them. They had well trained mechanics and a decent facility with sufficient stock of almost all consumables (except few air filters)

For your case, do check their facility and expertise.

I have over 3 years of experience with Bosch Car Service (Maraimalai Nagar) and quite satisfied with them. They had well trained mechanics and a decent facility with sufficient stock of almost all consumables (except few air filters)
For your case, do check their facility and expertise.
Thanks Mr.Boss for sharing your views..

I am planning to get my car serviced and found out the below bosch service centre in Secunderabad.
- Which car do you own?
- What is the reason to move out of A.S.S? Are you facing any issues with your current A.S.S? Your feedback could help the fellow members here.
Thanks Mr.Boss for sharing your views..
PS: Single liner "Thanks" post is against the forum policy. Use Thumbs Up feature either.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/announcements/14408-using-thumbs-up-feature-appreciate-post.html

- Which car do you own?
- What is the reason to move out of A.S.S? Are you facing any issues with your current A.S.S? Your feedback could help the fellow members here.
I own a 2008 chevy spark.
I feel that the A.S.S is not attending to the complaints made while giving the car for servicing. For instance, the last time when I got it serviced I specifically mentioned them to clean the air filter and change the screws of the air filter housing as they got deformed(philips head screws) and was difficult to remove. (Being a DIY enthusiast I wanted to clear the air filter myself). This was not attended to, as the screws were never changed but the advisor was trying to convince me that they were indeed changed.
Also the silencer had to be replaced as it was rusted and resulted in a hole. They did not have a stock of it either. I had procured it from outside and had it installed by them during the service, but they charged a bomb for it as it was not brought from them [frustration]
For washing itself they are charging around 500 rupees and they are not good in that either. The cost of labor too is hefty which they are charging in the name of removing and refitting charges. Not sure if they actually remove and refit all the parts they mention to be doing so..
There was a board in the service center displaying the cost of spare parts of different models and I wanted to buy a cabin filter, but the advisor said that spark does not have a provision for the cabin filter and he is also not sure why it was being mentioned on the board. I think it is available only for newer models ?
These are just some of the instances where I felt the need for an alternative and economical means of getting the car serviced and that too in front of me.(A.S.S does not permit to be present near the car while it is being serviced)

Hence I have decided to venture out away from the A.S.S and looking out for a reliable service.

PS: Single liner "Thanks" post is against the forum policy. Use Thumbs Up feature either.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/announcements/14408-using-thumbs-up-feature-appreciate-post.html
oops, Got it..Thanks again.

Finally went in to get my car serviced at Bosch Service center in Secunderabad(Deccan car services).
Have opted for a General service along with Oil change. After waiting for around 3 hrs went into the service area to see my car getting serviced. But the S.A refused to permit me near the area stating reasons like disturbs concentration, other customers will also come,not as per their rules(I asked him to show where is this written in their rules) etc..[anger]After a bit of arguing I was able to see the oil change being done(Gulf oil was used along with bosch oil filter) when asked about Bosch engine oil he said it was not that good [surprise]
They were also trying to change the coolant completely(not informed to me, not requested by me)
and I have asked them not to..as the they were trying to fill green colored one which required to be added with water. The OEM one was to be filled straight out of the pack w/o water and was orange in color.
Total cost of service came upto Rs.5927/- with breakup as follows(incl tax):
Paid Service Labour: 1123.60
Washing : 393.26
Consumables:168.54
Gulf engine oil : 4060.01
Oil filter : 182.01

Pros: Original Bosch spares were used(except for engine oil), Relatively new facility.
Cons: Adamant behavior of S.A of not allowing customer to be present during service, not so experienced mechanics(seemed so from their age(20-25 yrs), trying to do things without intimating, no estimate given before taking vehicle for service, vehicle not dried completely after washing as the carpets were still wet and white spots formed on glass as it was not wiped clean after wash. Request to flush windscreen wash tank was not attended to, rates seemed to be on a slightly higher side.

My Verdict: Might be OK for a quick service without involving any major repairs. Not satisfied with the way they treat the customers..(might be a one off case but first impression lasts long)
Decided to stick with A.S.S for now(till a better option is available).

Attachments

I always stick to the ASS. Although Volkswagen doesn't allow anyone inside their workshops i have a good time in the Maruti and Toyota ASS as i go around the entire workshop and can get the smaller nick-n-nacks done to my precision and also last time i convinced the SA to carry out a Foam wash instead of the regular water wash at the same price[:D]

i have a good time in the Maruti and Toyota ASS as i go around the entire workshop and can get the smaller nick-n-nacks done to my precision
Nothing beats the joy of watching our cars getting serviced right under our eyes..[clap]
perhaps I will try to befriend a SA this time when I go to chevy A.S.S and see if I can have that pleasure [:D]

Hi,

Any one suggest good mechanic in bangalore around R R nagar, as i have to replace all supension and lower arm, as new to bangalore i could not get a reference.

My car is Ford IKon Tdci.

Top Bottom