Windshield Washer Liquid. Any Alternatives?

Thread Starter #1
the stock windshield washer liquid, in my scorpio is good.

it lets a clean swipe and cleans all the dirt with the wipers.

however, i cannot see the liquid level of the washer fluid. i just see the inlet pipe

so what can be the DIY suggestions?

i have a colin spray fluid as spare with me.

will diluting the concentrate do it.

read somewhere, that using clinic plus shampoo diluted with water too gives the same result.

i had asked many accessory shops and not many have any idea about it.

of the online shops , the one i could see is the ABRO liquid concentrate available on snapdeal.

it costs Rs. 184 (not cheap) and the only review mentioned that the package was delivered broken and that all liquid had seeped into the packing materials.

so i want to avoid the wastage.

so if i were to use the colin liquid +water or clinic plus shampoo + water combination, what risks do i have to be aware of?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i use the same what sunbaj recommended. it cost 30-35 rupees per bottle [surprise] and i think it's just 100ml. don't remember.

and i think both are same stuff. literally the smell and even the color is the same.

colin cost 35 rupees for 250 ml. and next time i'm thinking of using colin and will see if it works as it is or not. and don't use shampoo.

Last edited:
Wind screen cleaner = another method of fleecing gullible customers. Stay away. Just add half a pouch of ANY shampoo in the windshield washer reservoir to get the SAME results.

Thread Starter #7
I too thought on the same lines. But felt shampoo would be risking the paint.

If There is a long time user of the shampoo, then i can think of using shampoo as an alternative.
The only differentiating aspect with the concentrate being that their freezing point is -35 degrees C.
Which is of no use in india.

Well one question ?
Do you think a hair shampoo would cause more harm to the paint than what it would cause to your body after all Shampoo is to be used on your body and that too the hair . [roll]

I am not too sure if it (Shampoo) would cause any blockage to the pump which sprays water on to the windshield ?

i use the same what sunbaj recommended. it cost 30-35 rupees per bottle [surprise] and i think it's just 100ml. don't remember.

and i think both are same stuff. literally the smell and even the color is the same.

colin cost 35 rupees for 250 ml. and next time i'm thinking of using colin and will see if it works as it is or not. and don't use shampoo.
It is a concentrate so you must be using it diluted in the windscreen spray tank ?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Well one question ?
Do you think a hair shampoo would cause more harm to the paint than what it would cause to your body after all Shampoo is to be used on your body and that too the hair . [

I am not too sure if it (Shampoo) would cause any blockage to the pump which sprays water on to the windshield ?
exactly, my second point was the same , it can block the tubes or anything. well there are things which react to something aggressively and the same thing doesn't react with another material. it's better not to take any chances.

It is a concentrate so you must be using it diluted in the windscreen spray tank ?
yeah obviously [:D] i fill half the reservoir , pour the stuff from bottle , then fill again. i don't dilute but with all those potholes on road , it gets mixed.

Best option is to use Wind Screen Washer Fluid,I used Fluid by Maruti,Its available for 15rs for a sachet of 50ml. See HERE.:)
yeah that's per 1 liter. normally the reservoir is 2 liters. so same 30 rupees.

Use any low cost vodka it works better than many fluids used. Mix a part of vodka with 3 parts of water then uses it as the washer fluid and you will see the result. I saw this on some blog and tried ,It works[:D]

Use any low cost vodka it works better than many fluids used. Mix a part of vodka with 3 parts of water then uses it as the washer fluid and you will see the result. I saw this on some blog and tried ,It works[:D]
[lol] The funniest ever solution heard and you would be lucky if the one driving before you doesn't smokes a cigar and flips it back through his window

jokes apart....I use Colins or Vista mixed with shampoo water and its always super clean when needed and never had any issues till now with stain marks on the body paint

I am mixing colin in water for past 2 years almost & no issues so far. Also whenever I stop for tea / refuel I was the front windsheild with colin again & water & dry it with newspaper. the effect is crystal clear

Yeah I too added around 300ml colin in the washer, remaining is water and it is working great, it cleans really well and not many bubbles are formed which is great. 500ml colin costs rs.60 only.

Top Bottom