Seating Position in Maruti Suzuki Ritz

Thread Starter #1
I own a April 2011 Ritz Vdi, i am a tall person n like to sit with driving seat at rearest position so i my legs dont feel like climbing on the break/clutch/accelerator pads and get some stretch, however at this seating postion, the steering goes to far,mainly because it is mounted very high and doesnt have option of tilt steering, for a long drive one can develop shoulder pain which i got it already, would like to know if i could lower the steering position or get it replaced with tilt steering option? the gear lever is far too with the extreme seating postion, but i know cant help change that...please help me with steering issue. Thankss

Seating Position in Ritz

I am finding bit difficult to drive New Ritz petrol-the dashboard is somehow obstructive to me, making it difficult to guess the outside space. I am 5'7" tall.
I never had any problem in driving Wagon R or Honda Brio.

Any suggestion is most welcome.

Re: Seating Position in Ritz

rakesh, yes the dashboard of ritz is bit more obstructive if you compare it with WagonR or brio,you can do two things to raise your seating position,
1.If you are the only one who drives your ritz,then use some clothes,towels and see how much of raised seat you need for your perfect siting position,get the space you need to coverup and at the accessory market you can make your car seat cover raised that much of your requirement,but only do this after getting used to the raised seats,drive with putting some pillow,clothes what ever suits you to see if that really helps,only then make changes in your driving seat.
2.If you are not the only one driving that car, use a pillow for your driving,make a custom size one which could be made with proper sizing and thickness you need to raise the seating position.
These are the only two options if you find it solving your seating position, else get used to the dashboard and front bumpers distance while driving, which most people do in these cases.

I am finding bit difficult to drive New Ritz petrol-the dashboard is somehow obstructive to me, making it difficult to guess the outside space. I am 5'7" tall.
I never had any problem in driving Wagon R or Honda Brio.

Any suggestion is most welcome.
You will get adjusted to it very soon. I have an old model Ritz too its a base model and the steering is not tilttable and i find that the steering is placed a little bit higher to me. iam of your same hieght.

@Vijay i don't agree with doing such alterations to drive a car if you are using a pillow for ritz then you have to use a bed for driving innova.Its not necessary to see the portion near to the hood or the bumber to drive a car we drive on assumptions on the width and the clearence and the speed, so let him get adjusted to ritz now so that he will be confident to drive any car in future.
My car

Modified Suzuki Ritz 2010 Pictures » Modified Cars

Last edited:

alex, told him the options thats usually done by people pillow or anything else is to see the difference he feels to up the seats and not to use it on daily basis, you get seat covers with more foam inside to do this work,we are not talking about doing it over a feet size,read my full post, my words were to get used to the height of the dashboard and front bumpers.Told him the safe options to do if he doesnt get used to the issue he is facing.

alex, told him the options thats usually done by people pillow or anything else is to see the difference he feels to up the seats and not to use it on daily basis, you get seat covers with more foam inside to do this work,we are not talking about doing it over a feet size,read my full post, my words were to get used to the height of the dashboard and front bumpers.Told him the safe options to do if he doesnt get used to the issue he is facing.
I agree,sorry and i didn't say that you are promoting those things. Once he start using the pillow, he will get used to the pillow and will find difficult to drive a car without the pillow.

I understand what you mean to say alex, but if you want to raise your seats a bit even say 2",how would you get it done unless you would know how much you need to, so a pillow or even some clothes/towels could be used to know about the difference he needs to get his seating position perfect,get into the market and get seat covers with extra foam in it to fulfill his needs, but before that he needs to confirm about those raised seats onto which i suggested to drive it along with pillow or anything else to get that raised seats,going for seatcovers with extra foam and all and then if it doesnt fulfill his needs then its a waste of time and money on them.Else yes would also say get used to the dashboard and length of the car.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good drivers gets adjusted himself to any car he drives easily.
If you are worried of these things you will get restricted to drive your car only,
so keep these things apart and test drive as many cars possible of your friends and get ready to start a new thread on comparison on comfort and your feel on the cars you drove.Good luck.

Thanks Vijay and Alex-I shall try the suggestions n will let you know how things will shape.
I really can't understand why MUL has made such a broad dashboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: My First Diesel Hatch: Maruti Suzuki Ritz VDi (Used) Review

IR, it is simple and nothing much to break head !! I mean to say that the seating never looks like cramped and it is on a good height also ingress/egress is easy[:)]
Ok what is the height differential(i am guessing we are talking of seat vis vis the floor) between Ritz and other hatchbacks like swift, i10 etc - is the floor higher in ritz compared to others or is the seat differently sized or is the door bigger - wanted to understand clearly what part of ergonomics we are referring to a ritz and specifically the advantage it has ?

Ok what is the height differential(i am guessing we are talking of seat vis vis the floor) between Ritz and other hatchbacks like swift, i10 etc - is the floor higher in ritz compared to others or is the seat differently sized or is the door bigger - wanted to understand clearly what part of ergonomics we are referring to a ritz and specifically the advantage it has ?
To be very frank, I do not have this data which you are refering to and unfortunately I do not have time to explore them. My comments were based on my driving experience with M800,Alto,Figo,XUV,Storme,ES and Ritz[:)]

To be very frank, I do not have this data which you are refering to and unfortunately I do not have time to explore them. My comments were based on my driving experience with M800,Alto,Figo,XUV,Storme,ES and Ritz[:)]
[shock] Appreciate that - time is always an issue i do understand that!

I am only looking to interpret what you mean since you said Ritz has SUV type seating. So with your driving experience of everything from M800 to Storme and comparing ingress/egress you are saying its similar to Storme ? Just want to understand the SUV analogy better (i hope you meant it as an analogy).

^^IR, It was comfortable with XUV,Storme and Ritz than other cars I mentioned, so you can interpret and conclude

^^IR, It was comfortable with XUV,Storme and Ritz than other cars I mentioned, so you can interpret and conclude
with what you just shared all i can "interpret" is XUV, Storme and Ritz have some similarities (especially in ingress/egress or seating specific cases) - since you dont have anything further to add or back up your statement lets rest the case. Someday and after further honing my telepathic skills, i will try and solve this mystery as well.

Last edited:

^^Our other member has understood it well than you[;)]
Ritz is said to have SUV type seating due to the height of the seat and the view forward. Maybe at the best you can compare with Ecosport or Quanto.

Top Bottom