Fuel Tank Capacity Of New Honda City 2012

Thread Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I have bought a New Honda City S-MT in June 2012 and have been a happy owner to date without any complaints. have finished happy and blissful cruising of 6000 kms.

One issue that is confusing me is the following:
The day i bought the car the showroom delivered me the car with 8 litres petrol in it. Well..... thats what they said. However, the trip meter on the instrument cluster showed distance to empty as 0. When I went to the petrol pump and filled the tank it accomodated 32 litres only.

Since, that day wherever i reach distance to empty at 0 and i fill in the tank, the fuel tank accomodates only upto 32 litres of petrol.

Now my question is the fuel tank capacity of Honda City really 42 litres or is it 32 litres?
Has anyone noticed this in their Honda city?
Or the computer on board the car is calculating wrong fuel consumption?

Last edited by a moderator:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Fuel Tank Capacity in the New Honda City 2012

well i had same confusion in my verna as well and i don't think the car has any problem.

my verna has 42 liters , the computer shows 0 when less than 6 liters of fuel is left. and the car only takes 35 liters after this point.

so i think same is with honda city. maybe the on board computer calculates distance to zero excluding the fuel in reserve that is 6-7 liters.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Fuel Tank Capacity in the New Honda City 2012

hmm.... i even spoke to the technical service engineer about this. He was of the opinion that the the settings of the onboard computer are set as per the international parameters.

I also have 2012 Honda city, and so far max fuel I filled in empty tank is close to 34Ltr. As per Owner's Manual: Low fuel Indicator comes on when the fuel reserve is running low and approximately 7.9 ltrs left. So I assume 34 + 8 = 42 ltrs is fuel tank capacity what Honda claims.

The fuel tank capacity of Honda City is 42ltrs. The low fuel warning comes up when the fuel left in the tank is 7.9ltrs. The same holds true for the New gen City and the ZX models.

My 2 cents:

1. Capacity of fuel tank in Honda City 1.5 iVTEC is 42 litres. This is true for both the pre-facelift (2008-2011) as well as post-facelift (2012 onwards) models.
2. Reserve capacity is 7.9 litres. Low fuel warning light comes on when there is 7.9 litres petrol remaining.
3. The MID starts showing range as "0" slightly before the low fuel warning light comes on. I assume that the MID starts showing range as "0" when there is around 9-10 litres petrol remaining.

Thread Starter #11
That was just in extreme cases buddy [;)]. Wud never try that. I don't want to see myself stranded in the middle of nowhere with no fuel in my car tank!

The fuel tank capacity of Honda City is 42ltrs. The low fuel warning comes up when the fuel left in the tank is 7.9ltrs. The same holds true for the New gen City and the ZX models.
Hi Akash,
When does the fuel warning lamp will be ON. Y'day on my trip the MDI shows the Range as 79 KMS (NO indicators are on by this time), so went to near by fuel station and it swollows 27.93 Lts of Petrol (Top up method). as i have top up ANHC twice now and its only drinks 30 Lts every time.

Top Bottom