Unlocking Car Without Key Incase of Emergency

Thread Starter #1
Hai guys today watched this video in youtube
I think most of us have the experience of locking car by keeping the keys inside them.So this video will help us to open that.
My ride is Fiesta so will start with that[:D]

Unlock Ford Fiesta without key - YouTube

Hope no one going to use this for wrong purpose.

Last edited:
I cannot see the video since I am in office and videos are blocked, but does this video demostrates opening a car thru cell phone and you car key remote control?

350Z

Core Team
I think most of us have the experience of locking car by keeping the keys inside them.
It’s a common gimmick that thieves use to unlock and steal a car. I’d rather install a metal plate to prevent theft which is available in certain aftermarket accessories stores instead of waiting to use this trick in emergency. Moreover, the chances of forgetting a key inside are quite reduced if the car is equipped with remote locking.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yeah it wont even work on innova, and in new cars the door beading costs above 1500 to 2000k. it may get damaged during the process and may not be able to replaced easily it as in the vedio.

Last edited:
Good news that i know , Bad news that thieves too know !!!!

Conclusion -

It’s a common gimmick that thieves use to unlock and steal a car. I’d rather install a metal plate to prevent theft which is available in certain aftermarket accessories stores instead of waiting to use this trick in emergency
I would rather make another arrangement, than having my car stolen this way !

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
thanls alexddas. the reason i said is because i think some thieves tried the same thing in my 10.

and the beading is removed around 7-8cms and there are small dents as well. will surely post a pic tomorrow.

I think most of us have the experience of locking car by keeping the keys inside them.So this video will help us to open that.
My ride is Fiesta so will start with that[:D]

Hope no one going to use this for wrong purpose.
Rajvel - Though the video shows unlocking Fiesta, I don't think this trick would really work in Ford Cars. Tell you why...

Quite recently, I visited a Alignment Center and asked the guy to check my rims for any bends. He hook up the jack in rear wheels and rolled the wheels and checked. For the front ones, he hooked up and asked me to start the car, engage 2nd gear and throttle it. I did also went down to check the wheels for any bends. But for Front Left, we did the same and when I came back to switch of the engine, I was zapped... [frustration] I closed the door while I went down to check, the engine was running and hence, locked. Yeah, I was stupid.

Now, the car is running, FL wheel is spinning, key is inside and don't know what to do. I asked him to place stones on other 3 wheels and remove the jack slowly. Though he was hesitant, did the same and with some screeching the wheel stopped and the engine is off. But before I could get excited, the doors won't unlock.

I said, I will go home and get the other key... But the WA Guy, nothing to worry sir, we have all the ways to fix you. He calls a mechanic from a Maruti Service Center placed side by side and he tried the same trick. No Luck... He said, Ford Cars can't be opened this way sir...

As I wasn't too far from home, I called my wife to get the spare key and opened the car finally.

Lessons Learnt:
  1. Ford Cars won't that easily with this trick as like other Maruti or Hyundais as the lock lever is placed differently in Fords.
  2. The doors will unlock only when you switch off the ignition and not by switching off the engine. Hope you are getting my point.
  3. When you try to do such stuff, especially when you have to get the car running, please keep one of the windows open.

BTW, I heard and seen a lot about leaving the key inside the car and let it get locked automatically. However, I never have faced it as the In-Built Key Less Entry from Ford doesn't get locked automatically, unlike after market ones. It would get locked either you do it manually, or get the car run for more than 7 KMPH. The only other possibility of autolock is to unlock it with remote and leave it for 45 seconds, without opening any of the doors or boot. In such cases, you can't keep the keys inside.

You can ask me, then how had it got locked in that situation? Because, the car was on 2nd gear and throttled. Though it was stationary, the speedo had crossed 7 KMPH and thus locked. [clap]

Thread Starter #10
I tooo thought this won't work with modern cars.
Really i know that thief's use this method.
@Figoria really a sad incident it seems evan i too hav the same experience with accent and this method didnt help.
Really after market remote locks should not lock without our command.
Thats really iritiating and that thing has to be removed.
Once we had a accent in which we had a small incident like figorian. I was the culprit who locked the car. As the car was standing in direct sunlight for about 6 hours in a marriage function 40 kms away from my home . I went to it started the engine by opening the door and failed to roll down the windows but with the opened door it was running suddenly another car came near is soo i closed the door by standing outside my car. Then it locked and as soon as. I reallised my mistake in 2 sec i went and tried to open but cant.
Then we have to come a long way 40kms take another key and open. This trick was also failed.

Rajvel - Though the video shows unlocking Fiesta, I don't think this trick would really work in Ford Cars. Tell you why...

Lessons Learnt:
  1. Ford Cars won't that easily with this trick as like other Maruti or Hyundais as the lock lever is placed differently in Fords.
  2. The doors will unlock only when you switch off the ignition and not by switching off the engine. Hope you are getting my point.
  3. When you try to do such stuff, especially when you have to get the car running, please keep one of the windows open.

You can ask me, then how had it got locked in that situation? Because, the car was on 2nd gear and throttled. Though it was stationary, the speedo had crossed 7 KMPH and thus locked. [clap]
One more way to stop the engine is by clogging the exhaust pipe with some cloth. Not sure, whether it can damage the engine.

As you said "The doors will unlock only when you switch off the ignition and not by switching off the engine. Hope you are getting my point" , I beg to defer here with Ford Figo car. Even if the engine stop abruptly also will release the lock from the door.

One more way to stop the engine is by clogging the exhaust pipe with some cloth. Not sure, whether it can damage the engine.

As you said "The doors will unlock only when you switch off the ignition and not by switching off the engine. Hope you are getting my point" , I beg to defer here with Ford Figo car. Even if the engine stop abruptly also will release the lock from the door.
Amit1km - I am 200% sure that the doors won't unlock if the engine stops abruptly. The situation I quoted was an example. I thought of the same and made the engine to stall and shut off, but didn't work as it's not a trigger to unlock the doors. Moreover, many of the times the engine my die while in traffic or uphill on 2nd gear with A/C and full load. The doors never get unlocked. Rather it would happen, when you switch off the ignition and restart it. Remember, Figo comes with Anti-Cranking protection, hence you have to switch off and on it again in case of such shut off.

You may even try it anytime. Drive as I mentioned above and let the engine die. Notice whether the doors are unlocked or not. It will only when you switch off the ignition.

Thread Starter #14
Im damm sure engine wont stop first.
Because modern cars are having high power exhaust so when ever you place your cloth in exhaust it will not stop instead the exhaust will pass though the cabin. Even some dealth in the cars takes place due to circulation of exhaust.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
check this. i am sure that someone tried the same thing on my i10 as well. i have highlighted the small dents , maybe caused by opening the beading.

22012013178.jpg

Top Bottom