Advice Needed - Buying a Used Car Under Rs.4 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking for a used diesel car within 4 lac Budget. Shortlisted the below cars. I can buy the below within my budget except Swift.

1. Swift - Everyone created artificial demand in market and it is too costly even we are looking for used one.

2. Ford Fiesta - I heard maintenance is high.

3. Hyundai Verna (old Model) - Felt some vibration when compared with Swift. But performance is good.

4. Hyundai Getz CRDI - I heard this shares the same engine which is used in verna.

Kindly suggest me to buy a good car among the above models and also suggest if anything which is not in the above list.

Also, I have seen one Getz CRDI with alloy wheel (with odo 50k) which the owner is asking for 4 lac (I think I can negotiate upto 3.5 lac). Please suggest whether 3.5 lac for this car is worth or not.

Thanks,

Re: Advice needed - buying a used car

Hi Lancer_Lover,

Please find my replied in below.

1. Swift - Everyone created artificial demand in market and it is too costly even we are looking for used one.
3. Hyundai Verna (old Model) - Felt some vibration when compared with Swift. But performance is good.
It is difficult to get a Diesel Swift/Hyundai Verna under 4lacs.

4. Hyundai Getz CRDI - I heard this shares the same engine which is used in verna.
I would suggest you to go for a Ford Fiesta. Though underpowered, it is one of the most reliable engine you can get for that price.

Re: Advice needed - buying a used car

Why dont you try the Figo?

Since you have been considering the Swift, Figo would be a better choice than a Fiesta. Also would depend upon how good Ford ASS is at your location.

You may also try Logan/Verito as they are supposedly very good in the toughness department. I have heard spares are not cheap, but again owners claim that very little goes wrong anyway.

Thread Starter #4
Thanks a lot Akash and Chayan.

Could you plz comment on Getz CRDI. I have seen one GETZ CRDI which ran for 50k. Single owner and having full service history. Owner is quoting for 4 lac and can be negotiable.

Please let me know the + and - of GETZ. So that I can take some decison.

Thanks.

Some more options,

Hatches,

1. Fiat punto
2.Maruti Ritz
3. Diesel Beat(Not sure whether available on used car. If available, i am suire it will be under 4 lakh[:D]
4. Indica, Indica Vista

Sedans

1. Lancer (2007-08)
2. Optra
3. Indigo, Indigo CS,Marina
4. Octavia( Higher spare rates)
5. Accent ( Not sure why people telling stay away from Accent CRDI, 2 accent CRDIs still using in my family. One crossed 140K and other 80K , still not any engine problems they faced.

if you like SUVs, then try,

1. Scorpio,
2. Safari
3. Bolero

Last edited:
Hi,

I am looking for a used diesel car within 4 lac Budget. Shortlisted the below cars. I can buy the below within my budget except Swift.

Kindly suggest me to buy a good car among the above models and also suggest if anything which is not in the above list.

Also, I have seen one Getz CRDI with alloy wheel (with odo 50k) which the owner is asking for 4 lac (I think I can negotiate upto 3.5 lac). Please suggest whether 3.5 lac for this car is worth or not.

Thanks,
please do not go for models which are not in production now, getz crdi are more cheaper here in kerala people here do not even thing of getz.if you are going for a second hand car the first thing you have to keep in mind is the engine life the crdi engine from hundai do not have a better life after one lakh km,so you better opt ritz or punto.and the fords engine and deisel pump do not have a good record after 75000 kms.you better go for the 1.3 deisel engine from fiat which i had one and running strong and cool even after 200000 kms and about the maintenance its more cheaper in ritz,go for ritz buddy.

Well, you can also consider a Ford Figo, Depending on the service they provide at your place or you can also consider Tata Indica, Vsta.
Bieng a Figo owner, i am suggesting you to buy that car, i have done 35000km's in two years without having any problem with this machine, otherwise Indica is also a good option, bieng the first best in class diesel hatchback in India, it has conquered the market very well and now the company also gives you a better option with sedan class Vista.
One more option that i would like to suggest is Nissan Micra, though i drive a Petrol version of this machine and i dont have any personal experiences with its diesel version, but the reviews of Micra diesel are not bad either.
Anyways, whatever car you buy, i would like to congratulate you in advance.

Another option .. you can TD the base version of the Beat and see if it fulfil your requirements.
Should come to approx. Rs.4.8L on road, but you will have a new vehicle with warranty and good FE.

Another option .. you can TD the base version of the Beat and see if it fulfil your requirements.
Should come to approx. Rs.4.8L on road, but you will have a new vehicle with warranty and good FE.
This is a very good option "Lancer_Lover". this ways you can have a brand new car and you wont be looking around streets for those 2nd hands and a plus point , its new years, best time to purchase a vehicle...[;)]

Top Bottom