Car Carpet Constantly Keeps Sliding! Help.

Thread Starter #1
I am using maruti swift and i have a rubber floor mat which has an odd design so my shoe does not slide easily on it and gets stuck in between the designs so i have put a plain matting on it which slides when operating clutch also the car dosent have any hooks so that position could be fixed.
what should be done?

Re: car carpet constantly keeps on sliding!!help!!

Buddy you have just added to the existing issue. Adding a mat on the rubber mat is dangerous as the top side of rubber mats are more slippery as compared to underside. Just change your rubber mats to decent once and that's it.

freakdude.

Re: car carpet constantly keeps on sliding!!help!!

I am using maruti swift and i have a rubber floor mat which has an odd design so my shoe does not slide easily on it and gets stuck in between the designs so i have put a plain matting on it which slides when operating clutch also the car dosent have any hooks so that position could be fixed.
what should be done?
Get a pair of textile mats from market and they should do fine.

Would you mind clarifying a few things on your other thread: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-why-reverse-gear-not-synchronized-swift.html

Members are going berserk on figuring out what really is the issue with your swift gears

Revs

Suspended
@Tejaslalit : Buddy, I think you should put the double sided tape (light yellow colour) on the underside of the mat and use the existing plain mats only.
I am having rubber mats from MGA in my M800 which have projections which make the mat stable and glued to the footboard and earlier used small bits of the cheaply available double sided tape for my earlier plain mats.

Revs

Nice, but is this available for old cars like the esteem, i intend to go for the beige theme interiors and only the carpet and seats are left to do

IF available what is the cost involved

The pic will explain better

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i don't know about availability but they cost around 5000 rupees. i won't go for it. it's 10 times the normal mats price. i will get the car floor clean by giving 200 rupees [lol]

basically 3d mat's purpose is to save the original floor carpet from getting dirty , with normal mats , stones and dust gets accumulated on the floor.

i don't know about availability but they cost around 5000 rupees. i won't go for it. it's 10 times the normal mats price. i will get the car floor clean by giving 200 rupees [lol]

basically 3d mat's purpose is to save the original floor carpet from getting dirty , with normal mats , stones and dust gets accumulated on the floor.
Oh Yeah thats too much for too less

Try rubber transperent mats that are available in market costing 1k, fits properly as they are standard sizes, need to cut them frm edges to get into proper fittings and they wont slip out either, also like 3D kagu mats, some chinese brand matts are available which i saw while purching my i10's mattings, it fits like velcro on the lower side on your footwell which wont slip but doubted the cleaning thing and its glued fittings on longer run.
Dont use double mattings as its making it more worst in your case.

Top Bottom