Ideal Tyre Pressure for Upsized Santro Tyres?

Thread Starter #1
I have a 2001 Hyundai Santro and I changed its tyres a year ago. The previous ones were Pirelli P400 Aquamile P155/70R13 75T, which may also not have been the original set the vehicle came with (I don’t remember).

The ones I am now using are Hankook Optimo H418 175/65R13 80H Tubeless tyres, and two of them have had tubes inserted in them. The sticker on the car’s side pillar suggests maintaining 30 psi on all tyres, and that’s what I’ve been doing so far, but is that ideal anymore, now that the tyres have been changed?

Why do you have tubes in tubeless tyres. I am not 100% sure but i think 30 is good. Experts please comments.

350Z

Core Team
The ones I am now using are Hankook Optimo H418 175/65R13 80H Tubeless tyres, and two of them have had tubes inserted in them. The sticker on the car’s side pillar suggests maintaining 30 psi on all tyres, and that’s what I’ve been doing so far, but is that ideal anymore, now that the tyres have been changed?
You could stick with current pressure or fiddle around by reducing upto a couple of PSi to achieve optimum comfort. About using tubes in tubeless tyres, visit this link.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4
Thanks. I'll have the tyre positions changed so that both the tubed tyres are on the same end. As for experimenting with the tyre pressure, well, I may be a bit dense in this area but I can never really tell the difference at any air pressure. Until my tyres are completely flat and the axle is grinding on the road, I don't even realise that the pressure is low (which is why I do weekly check-ups). I do try to stay alert and detect whether the car is running towards one side or if there is any imbalance or resistance while driving, but I can never tell. :?

Hi. I would like to say that 30 psi is enough. This will give comfortable ride and you will not feel that your vehicle is heavy.

Last edited:

Top Bottom