Maruti Suzuki Pavilion: Auto Expo 2018

Thanks for all your coverage of Auto Expo 2018, TAI team.

The most uninspiring stall is the MSIL stall, nothing even remotely new was offered by them, this just shows how seriously they take the Indian buyers.

No Jimny, not even the Wagon R 7 seater was displayed.

On the other hand our home grown TVS, and Tata Motors have one of the best Pavilion, and displays.

The most uninspiring stall is the MSIL stall, nothing even remotely new was offered by them, this just shows how seriously they take the Indian buyers.

On the other hand our home grown TVS, and Tata Motors have one of the best Pavilion, and displays.
I agree with you. It is quite disappointing that Maruti has shown very little enthusiasm in the Auto expo. Other than one concept car, and the launch of the Swift, there was nothing in the Maruti Pavillion which would gather an enthusiasts interest. They did not showcase the upcoming Ertiga, or the Wagon R as you mentioned. But Maruti knows it better than everyone else, that even if they dont innovate much, the Indian market is still going to select it as its favorite. I wish we had more innovation shown by the market leader, but why would they take the effort when we are not demanding anything and are happy with the same old wine in new bottles.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

I agree with you. It is quite disappointing that Maruti has shown very little enthusiasm in the Auto expo. Other than one concept car, and the launch of the Swift, there was nothing in the Maruti Pavillion which would gather an enthusiasts interest. They did not showcase the upcoming Ertiga, or the Wagon R as you mentioned. But Maruti knows it better than everyone else, that even if they dont innovate much, the Indian market is still going to select it as its favorite. I wish we had more innovation shown by the market leader, but why would they take the effort when we are not demanding anything and are happy with the same old wine in new bottles.
Except the Future S-Concept & one more Concept which they showed, rest every thing can be seen in their corporate office in New Delhi. Baring the 2 concepts, everything is running on the roads and even the new Swift wasn't much of a hyped one as details of media drives etc were already out prior to the Expo. A regressive display of vehicles in my opinion. I think MSIL is that benchmark in our market which in today's time has been very well overtaken by far better innovation in design, product capabilities and VFM aspect by reputed brands like TML, Hyundai and even for that matter Mahindra. I would rate Mahindra's display far better in comparison to MSIL and in this particular Expo, Tata Motors came out with flying colors and succeeded very well in showing their product portfolio and their core strength, Commercial Vehicles.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom