Honda Cars Pavilion: Auto Expo 2018

Great coverage buddy, few questions for you taking new amaze as this surely looks much better and in propotion compared to outgoing model with the facia carrying forward with their urban looks from WRV but overall hows the insides of car? By looking at pictures they have improved leg space on rear bench but shortned the boot size?
Were you able to check underhood cladding on bonnet as well as on boot? Honda surely knows how to undercut basic essentials and whats your take on new amaze do share.

I am not a big fan of the new grill, which i feel is too butch for a so called sedan , and kind of looks like a Kwid. However, I liked the fact that they have reduced the sloping window line in the earlier Amaze. The windows in this version are bigger and that will give a more spacious feeling. The look seems to be inspired from the Honda City, and it also looks like this is a all new platform, and not the Honda Brio platform.
The interiors do look better but I think they are bland as compared to the competition given by Dzire. Cruise control is a welcome addition, and same with the adjustable headrests. I hope they also add the 6 speed gearbox with the 1.5 diesel engine. Its good news that they are planning to add CVT to the 1.5 diesel, as that maybe a market first and would give a great combination of convenience and economy.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14

Akash1886

Honoured Member
taking new amaze as this surely looks much better and in propotion compared to outgoing model with the facia carrying forward with their urban looks from WRV but overall hows the insides of car?
The front profile to me looked busy and kind of odd honestly. The render shown earlier with a more sedan like design was much better. In flesh interiors and rear profile look much better but the front did not appeal to me.

Were you able to check underhood cladding on bonnet?
Vibhor may have seen it.

whats your take on new amaze do share.
The interiors and rear profile do look very nicely done but the front profile is a miss for me. I feel apart from looks, the 1.5 Diesel engine in this car should be further refined for a better driving experience.

Regards

Akash

kkn13

Suspended
I love the front fascia of Amaze , it looks very butch and bold
Doesnt look like 4th gen pre facelift City whose looks were odd in my eyes , 4th gen facelift looked like a throwback to 3rd gen (in a good way)

CRV looks like a winner

I do hope they put beige into the interior mix as an option similar to 3rd gen City. I personally dont like too much black on the inside so keeping it optional would be great

1.5 IDTEC with CVT in Amaze would be a great combo, given the competitions lacklustre AMTs or unreliable DSG/DCT

Top Bottom