Formal warnings and infractions are issued to members who are found infringing the Forum Policies
. A member is notified through an automatic private message in case he / she receives a warning or an infraction. The warnings serve as a quick reminder of the board protocol and signal a serious action approaching ahead in case the offense is repeated. On the other hand, infractions are issued against serious or repeated offenses. Both, warnings and infractions last for a period of 30 days. Unlike warnings, a member accumulates certain points with each infraction. Total 10 infractions points translate into an automatic ban for one month.
Following is a list of infraction points that are tied along with each offence:
- SMS Slang / Dots: 3 Points
- Posting in Language Except English: 3 Points
- Back To Back Posts: 4 Points
- Excessive One Liners: 4 Points
- Hot linking Pictures: 4 Points
- Provoking Disputes: 4 Points
- Multiple User Accounts: 5 Points
- Personal Attacks: 5 Points
- Encouraging Illicit Activities: 5 Points
- Spamming / Marketing: 6 Points
- Using Foul Language: 7 Points
- Copyright Violation: 9 Points
- Posting Explicit Content: 9 Points
Explanation of 'infraction' field on user profile Note:
0 denotes active warnings.
2 denotes active infractions.
8 denotes total infraction points.
- The 'infraction points' on under user avatar on posts disappear automatically once the warning / infraction expires.
- A member could be banned directly without prior warning / infraction based on the severity or recurrence of the offense.
- Please spend a moment to visit protocol to avoid any inconvenience. Your cooperation will go a long way to maintain the quality of The Automotive India.