Illuminated Door Sills

The door sills look fab [:D] Totally love it.

Did they cut any wires to connect the doorsill light to the interior light? In an accessory shop here in Trivandrum, Kerala, they said they have to splice a wire for the illumination to work, which was the reason why I didn't get it for the Polo.

They attatch the connectors thru your doors to the centre lamp connectors, i brought my without lights door sills as lights ones were very costly and no guarantee for the lights to work it may for couple of years and may not work for a month, so didnt opted and brought plain ones.

Thread Starter #6
The door sills look fab [:D] Totally love it.

Did they cut any wires to connect the doorsill light to the interior light? In an accessory shop here in Trivandrum, Kerala, they said they have to splice a wire for the illumination to work, which was the reason why I didn't get it for the Polo.
They did require to do a litlle bit of cutting...Supervised the guy while it was being done to make sure he was careful.......Couldnt bear to see him pulling off the door rubbers to find the wires [frustration]

The end result though is satisfying [:D]

Thread Starter #8
Fabia looks fabulous.
How much did it cost? Can it be done in my Scorpio?

Oh Yes you can do it in your Scorpio [clap].Ask for Door sill plates/scuff guards for scorpio.Trust me it will look great...For the fabia it cost me 1150/- fitting included!!

Wow Nice, are these available for other cars as well ? I mean older cars like Esteem, 800 Etc ? Im a fan of Illuminated door sills too

Slightly :offtopic:Having your car logo on the floor mat also looks good IMO, again it should illuminate only when the car is is off or else will distract the driver

Have heard from many friends about ths illuminated ones, the ones available at accessory stores are chinese ones and with the pressure wash many a times they blow up the circuit of the glow plugs,though many does works for a longer period as well.

Thread Starter #15
Have heard from many friends about ths illuminated ones, the ones available at accessory stores are chinese ones and with the pressure wash many a times they blow up the circuit of the glow plugs,though many does works for a longer period as well.

Hope my ones work for the longer period........FIngers crossed :rolleyes:

Top Bottom