Philips H4 Headlamp Bulbs

Thread Starter #1
Hi, My ikon bulb got fused. was browing ebay.in for buying a philips bulb. I see there are 5 or more versions availlable. Is it worth spending more than 1000 rupees for the higher end bulbs or shall i go for 300 rupeess normal bulb?

Main reason for posting this is to know the difference in performance that each carry. I am not interested in white bulbs and like to stick to normal yellow ones.

Does higher wattage bulbs overheat the headlight doom and darken it?

Thanks

Go for Philips 100/90 Rally or if you want even better perfomance go for osram night breakers do not cross 100/90 there are more chance the fuse goes off often

Anyways a relay wiring kit is to be set up with ceramic holders when you upgrade from the normal 55/60 this is to ensure the holders dont melt due to heavy usage, a set back would be some where close to 1K including bulbs, whole kit and labour

what brand and measure of relay is best for the 100/90 philips or osram
am trying to get installed in my M800 however was informed need alternator change as well

what brand and measure of relay is best for the 100/90 philips or osram
am trying to get installed in my M800 however was informed need alternator change as well
It depends on your vehicle model, not sure if its before 98 model as the set up is different in it when it comes to the alternator lining, if not i guess the guy just wanted to cash out from you, the relay kit along with the bulbs and a good battery is more than enough for the latest version of M800

Hi, My ikon bulb got fused. was browing ebay.in for buying a philips bulb. I see there are 5 or more versions availlable. Is it worth spending more than 1000 rupees for the higher end bulbs or shall i go for 300 rupeess normal bulb?

Main reason for posting this is to know the difference in performance that each carry. I am not interested in white bulbs and like to stick to normal yellow ones.

Does higher wattage bulbs overheat the headlight doom and darken it?

Thanks
Hi Digiboy,

The normal logic is higher the illumination, lower is the life of the bulb. If you have warranty on your vehicle, stick to legal 60/55 w bulbs. The best ones are Philips extreme vision. Ebay prices are little higher, normally you should get it lower price in auto shops.

Higher power 90/100 ones would need a relay, would generate heat and in the long run damage the reflector and the glass. You would also need to change your holders as the OEM ones will melt due to the heat. This will also void your warranty.

I will prefer the Philips Xtreme Vision. Same wattage, about 50% more light out put, no legal hassles. A 90/100W can damage the reflector in the long run.

Just a clarification. Iam also planing to change my stock bulb but with same wattage, 60/55W. I think Philips Xtream Vission and Oshram Night breaker is on top of the list. Which is best. Iam wearing specs. So I would like to have one keeping that in mind.

I have been using Phillips Rally 100/90 on my Alto for more than 6yrs now, My Bolero ran on these for abt 2 yrs and now they on my new Scorpio too. I am not sure of the age when you say Long run. but they are perfect and best for my drives. They increase the width and length so such great extent that you can surely find this difference as soon as you shift.
Relay- Hella if officially into this business now. No wire cuts or no OEM wire splits. They sit perfect for any made. These can also be assembled in just 10 min max.
@sethu- I guess this would match your requirement.

There is a catch here. This enhance cannot be done on separated headlights like for I20 or new feista.

Thank you sir, will it [anyone of the above] be good for me than the stock bulbs?
Hello Sethumurugan
I have just upgraded my stock bulbs of my rapid with Philips Xtreme Vision. I can say that Philips Xtrem vision 55/60 are far better than my stock bulbs.

I have been using Phillips Rally 100/90 on my Alto for more than 6yrs now, My Bolero ran on these for abt 2 yrs and now they on my new Scorpio too. I am not sure of the age when you say Long run. but they are perfect and best for my drives. They increase the width and length so such great extent that you can surely find this difference as soon as you shift.
Relay- Hella if officially into this business now. No wire cuts or no OEM wire splits. They sit perfect for any made. These can also be assembled in just 10 min max.
@sethu- I guess this would match your requirement.

There is a catch here. This enhance cannot be done on separated headlights like for I20 or new feista.
Thanks Krish.

If u go for this, i think I should go for relay. How it will be fixed in car. Inside the cabin or in side the front hood?

What would be the cost approximately. I have planned for Rs.1000 with Rs. 200 + or -.

@Sethu,
In regular, headlights will go with high and low beam in the same bulb. But new/few models come with separate high and low bulbs and this relay will not work on them. Check I20 headlights and you will know the difference.
The total set 90/100 +relay will cost u about Rs1200- 1400. Max.
This is all fixed under the hood and there is no drills or cutting involved. as i said, its a max 10 to 15min job.

@Sethu,
In regular, headlights will go with high and low beam in the same bulb. But new/few models come with separate high and low bulbs and this relay will not work on them. Check I20 headlights and you will know the difference.
The total set 90/100 +relay will cost u about Rs1200- 1400. Max.
This is all fixed under the hood and there is no drills or cutting involved. as i said, its a max 10 to 15min job.
Thanks.

I understand what is seperate high and low. I think Spark comes with normal. I confirm this from the bulb specification given in the manual which says 60/55w.

Wow! That is my 900th Post in TAI.

Top Bottom