Arrowhead Filters. Has Anyone Used Them?

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,
wonder if anyone has used arrowhead filters? ordered one and i will get it on Monday. the person has an ebay store. I've invited him to check out TAI. Actually the item arrived yesterday, but couldn't collect it so waiting for the courier guy on monday.

Thread Starter #2
I got my Arrowhead Filter today.
ar1.jpg
ar.jpg
i decided to do a DIY and install it myself. My first engine side DIY. started without any idea.
fir i un-hooked 2 clips (marked A and B) then tried to remove the filter failed. for a log time i tried and then uplifted C D and 2 other ports under the unit. then also i failed finally i loosened the screw F then removed the entire unit after removing the intake hose.
then fitted the filter. It was a tedious job. i don't know whether i did it correctly.
eng.JPG
at the third service the MASS did not change the filter, i t was dusty.
stock1.jpg
stock.jpg
The part no in the stock filter
SUZUKI 67l-F01
13780-67L00
c 2500
MADE IN GERMANY 1104

The arrowhead filter was a little tight. @ 275/- is this a good option or should i change back to OEM? will i get the same Germany make filter from MASS? does anyone know the price?

You have used the correct method to fix it. See that there is not gaps so that air/dust passes through. If the lid is fixed properly no issues.

If you are not sure about the quality, just run the car for a month/1000kms remove the filter again see for any damages / dust on it so that you can decide.

Thread Starter #5
@ varun thank you very much for the reply.
i have fitted the plastic container (is it the intake? if not kindly give a name for that the one with Suzuki written on it) part tightly on top of the engine.
how can we determine the filter is good by checking the dust on it. i hope you have checked the stock filter photo i have uploaded. what is the frequency the filter should be changed?
MASS did not change it when i gave the car for 3rd service

Air Filter Change is recommended at an interval of 10000 Kms under normal conditions & at 5000-7500 if the vehicle is used in extremely dusty / polluted conditions.

@kannan, thanks for your purchase.

Thread Starter #7
After ~1500 km i removed the cover and checked the status of the filter. it was pretty much clean.
As per Varun's advice i checked whether the air is sucking in while the engine is running and it seemed fine. i will check again in ~5k km

Top Bottom