Which Tires for All New Honda City?

Thread Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Taking delivery of ANHC S M/T this august. As everyone knows that the car is under tired, I would like to upgrade them.

However I haven't the slightest idea as to what brand, size of tires I should choose. Please help me in choosing the right ones.
Thanks.

My suggestion
Upgrade tour tyre size to 195/60 and rim you use alloys or steel. I have a good model in my fiesta with yokohama and if possible i will share that picture and what size tyre your currently using?
If driven mostly on good roads take michelin
If driven on hard roads take such as with worst roads yoko's are best

Thread Starter #4
The car won't be driven on good roads most of the time. 195/60 R15 it is. I guess I will go with yokohama. If not that then apollo or MRF or bridgestone? What about the alloys? Will they cost extra or can I fit the alloys that came with stock tires?

i always saw only yokohama is the best for worst roads.
In bridgestones you hear road noise but this not in the case of yoko.
MRF is worst with too much of road noise.
so go with yoko's.
it has very good perfomance in my car.

Thread Starter #8
The car hasn't been delivered yet. I guess its 14 inch alloys. I don't think I can use them in R15. Also I heard that warranty gets void if tires are upgraded. Is that true?

are you buying a new car?
i dont know about the warranty.
what stock tyres they give in their company?
sure they would give some R15 alloys.because we get fiesta top end SXI with R15 rims.

350Z

Core Team
Also I heard that warranty gets void if tires are upgraded. Is that true?
As I mentioned earlier, Your warranty will most certainly become void after upsizing. Just drop a mail to Honda or refer to ownership manual in case of clarifications.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I guess its 14 inch alloys. I don't think I can use them in R15. Also I heard that warranty gets void if tires are upgraded. Is that true?
First of all congratulations on buying one of the most sensible Petrol sedans available in India (especially SMT variant). [clap]

As far as I am aware, 2012 Honda City SMT has 5 spoke alloy wheel (Same alloys that were offered on VMT in 2011). These are 15 inch alloys. So you don't really need to buy new alloy wheels to fit 195/60 R15.

Regarding tire upgrade -
Once the car is delivered, check if it has Goodyears or Michelin XM1s. I have XM1s and they have turned out to be decent tires so far. But I think 195/60 R15 is what this car deserves. Is Honda listening??

Upgrading the tires without dealer's blessings would certainly void the suspension warranty. That is what I was told by a couple of Honda dealers in Mumbai. But you can try your luck at the dealership.

By the way, I would strongly recommend Michelin Primacy LC if you are going for 195/60 R15. Next best would be Yokos.

All the best.

Top Bottom