Help in Selecting Set of New Tyres for Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
Hi Senior Members of TAI [:)] [:)]

I need immediate help. I need to change the tyres in my Maruti 800 car. All the tyres are worn out only from the inside portion of the tyre and the car starts shaking if I go above 60km/h [cry]. I need a good pair of tyres..Plz suggest me some with price (highly appreciated). I reside in delhi. Plz reply urgently.

Regards,
Deepak Barua

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, welcome to TAI

you can go for the stock size tyres (145/70/R12). bridgestone, Michelin are good ones
if you wish for plus size you may need spacers on your suspensions. ask varun560061. he has plus size with spacers.

Thread Starter #3
Hi,
Thanx for your timely reply. I actually don;t know anything about the car right now. My current tyres make a noise when I accelerate suddenly or turn it to right. Even the tire is now showing wires from the inside portion of the tyre. I have to hold the steering tight to drive the car and if I let it loose it turn to left and one more problem is that it starts shaking at 60km/h speed.

Please suggest what to do.

hi,
since you see wires, your tyres life is completly over. It is better to change as soon as possible. For the steering problem you have to do wheel balancing and wheel alignment. What is your current odo reading?

Thread Starter #6
Hi ,
My odo reads 40k km now. I am currently using MRF ZVTS tyres, which is totally worn out. I was planning to buy the same. But will see Michelin also. Won't there be any problem with Michelin tyre size?

Last edited by a moderator:
Myself want the same help for the 2006 Maruti 800 BS3.
It has completed 46000 Kms ODO.
What about upgrading tyres size ?
What about yokohama tyres ?

Better stick to 155/70. 165/60 would look good also handling would improve.

The main issue is at the rear it rubs the wheel arches. If you have leaf springs (type 1) you can get the leafs bent a bit so that it wont touch the arches.

350Z

Core Team
I’m also going to change the tyres of my Maruti 800. Preferably I would consider Michelin and stick with the stock size.

My current tyres make a noise when I accelerate suddenly or turn it to right. Even the tire is now showing wires from the inside portion of the tyre.
You should not be driving the car at all. It is extremely dangerous. Please swap the tyres first.

Drive Safe,
350Z

varun I also have to upgrade tyres for my m 800
why would you prefer 155/70 over 165/60 ???
also what is the best brand available performance and price considered

for my nano im going for 165/60, from 155/65 at the rear, BridgeStone potenza G3, costs 3600rs here in kerala.

but for upsize/plus sizes the steering will be very hard i guess and also speedometer errors.

Stick to the stock size.

In my opinion for M800, the MRF ZCC are really good(I have a personal experience with them after apollo amazer, I changed to MRF, you can also check for Good year tyres. Michelin may be bit costly and has soft rubber !!

Deepak, it looks that you are not doing the wheel alignment and balancing regularly. Please do this for every five thousand kilometers to have more life for your tyres and also for safety concerns as this kind of uneven worn-out will be dangerous to drive.

Top Bottom