Dash Cam: Queries & Discussions

Thread Starter #1
I had been thinking from a long time about getting a dashboard camera for our Swift Dzire and maybe WagonR too. Why? Simple, because it can be used as an evidence in case of any accident. I mean TSIVipul could have got out of the accident easily if had video of the activa coming from wrong side too [lol].

So any idea about its cost and where to find it in Delhi?

350Z

Core Team
Re: Dashboard Camera - Where in Delhi?

So any idea about its cost and where to find it in Delhi?
It’s one of the useful add-ons to have inside the car. I don’t have information on specific shops but just found one online for reference. The asking price is Rs.14,672.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4

Thanks for the links, but I won't be purchasing online unless CoD is an option. I tried to look for sellers from Delhi, so I can probably approach him and get it but all are from Kolkata. [:(]

OMG- What and Irony. Law breakers dont have any tension in India [glasses]
But poor innocent probable victims have to use such stuff also.
AMAZED [surprise]

PS: WHY ONLY FRONT ? aCCIDENTS CAN HAPPEN FROM REAR ALSO [;)]

Thanks for the links, but I won't be purchasing online unless CoD is an option. I tried to look for sellers from Delhi, so I can probably approach him and get it but all are from Kolkata. [:(]
I've been a regular buyer from ebay.in and believe me your money(including shipping) is protected. Ebay has damn strict rules against any malicious act from any seller and that's why they all beg for 5 star feedback in their listings. Rest, it's your personal decision so won't stress much. [:)]

freakdude.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

same here i prefer cod so i wish flipkart launches automotive products as well [sad]

coming to the topic.

in which region do you live ? don't just buy from any accessory shop but go to karol bagh if you live in west delhi or kashmere gate market.

i too always wanted to have this camera but don't know how it'll look . can anybody post pictures where it gets fit and how does it look ?

350Z

Core Team

i too always wanted to have this camera but don't know how it'll look. can anybody post pictures where it gets fit and how does it look ?
Here’s the link for more details: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...heir-role-road-mobile-security.html#post83102

I bought a cheap dashboard camera today , will post the Pictures and review after installing it.
Great. How much did it cost? I look forward to the review with a few images soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #10

OMG- What and Irony. Law breakers dont have any
But poor innocent probable victims have to use such stuff also.
PS: WHY ONLY FRONT ? aCCIDENTS CAN HAPPEN FROM REAR ALSO
I don't think it will be our fault if accidents take place from rear, unless its about reversing. If someone hits from behind, I don't think he can blame us for accident, but someone did blame us for hitting his car when he was coming from wrong side and didn't see us. Anyways, that's a different story.

I've been a regular buyer from ebay.in and believe me your money(including shipping) is protected. Ebay has damn strict rules against any malicious act from any seller and that's why they all beg for 5 star feedback in their listings. Rest, it's your personal decision so won't stress much.
freakdude.
I will check local markets, and will try ebay if its not available locally. Thanks for sharing views :)

in which region do you live ? don't just buy from any accessory shop but go to karol bagh if you live in west delhi or kashmere gate market.
Most local shops think I am talking about reverse camera. :lol!:
Will try at Karol Bagh after exams, or maybe Chandni Chowk too.

I bought a cheap dashboard camera today , will post the Pictures and review after installing it.
I would love to read the review [:)]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Here’s the link for more details: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...heir-role-road-mobile-security.html#post83102

Great. How much did it cost? I look forward to the review with a few images soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z
thanks for the link 350z. will get more knowledge on this from my local accessory guy.

I don't think it will be our fault if accidents take place from rear, unless its about reversing. If someone hits from behind, I don't think he can blame us for accident, but someone did blame us for hitting his car when he was coming from wrong side and didn't see us. Anyways, that's a different story.

I will check local markets, and will try ebay if its not available locally. Thanks for sharing views :)

Most local shops think I am talking about reverse camera. :lol!:
Will try at Karol Bagh after exams, or maybe Chandni Chowk too.

I would love to read the review
chandni chowk [confused] there is a car market there , i was not aware of this.

Thread Starter #13

thanks for the link 350z. will get more knowledge on this from my local accessory guy.

chandni chowk [confused] there is a car market there , i was not aware of this.
LOL Nope, but one can find everything he wants there :lol!:

My uncle told me that he saw something similar there, so might check it out. Such stuff is also available at Nehru Place according to him(he goes there frequently), so will check there too. [;)]

I bought this one in Taiwan for about 2000 INR ( some 60% off ) but i suppose thats a old model thats why they are selling it at that price ) will reach home tomorrow and install it as early as possible .

Sorry for late update, Actually I was not at home for last 6 months . My car was never started for this time. So, naturally the Battery went dead, i tried charging it with local guy , but in vain. today bought a new Amaron Pro and everythings fine now.
So, Back to dash board camera...
The System consists of following parts,
1. Camera and screen unit.
2. Holder with vacuum unit ( it can stick itself to the windscreen )
3. Memory card ( 4Gb SD card ).
4. Battery charger / Power cable ( can be connected to car's cigarette lighter socket ).
5. Data transfer cable.

Installation is very easy hardly takes 5 minutes.

It can take still Photograph and videos . Still mode, the image can be captured at a resolution of 5 MP. Video mode is Just VGA ( May be because it is a very old model ).
It records videos at 1 minute rate. i.e every 1 minute recording is saved as a separate file.
Since, the video recording is only in VGA the number plates of the vehicles are not very clearly seen.
Videos are saved in avi format which can be transfered to any computer using the Data cable provided. But the transfer is very slow ( 1.5 GB of recording took more than 30 minutes )
4 Gb capacity of memory card can record videos upto 4 Hrs ( Claimed by manufacturer )
Still learning more about the unit, The manual is in chinese so couldn't understand anything from it.
Here are some pictures

Attachments

Top Bottom