16” Alloy Wheels for Volkswagen Polo

Thread Starter #1
I'm planning to go for 16 inch alloys and 50 profile tyres. Which is the best brand which will last long? And is it okay to go for 50 profiles?

Re: 16 inchers for Polo

You can go 16 18 20"
its entirely upto you
just be careful from the potholes and speed breakers if your lowering it

Stanced fitment on a Polo 18" wheels 235 R18 35

Attachments

I'm planning to go for 16 inch alloys and 50 profile tyres. Which is the best brand which will last long? And is it okay to go for 50 profiles?
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...6-alloys-skoda-octavia-1-9-tdi-need-help.html

16 inchers should not be a problem , but read my issue with 16 inchers in a Octavia (5 hole PCD 100 like the Polo/Vento). And my car uses 50 profile tyres too. Please share your stock wheel/tyre size.

Regards,
Jeno.

Thread Starter #4

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...6-alloys-skoda-octavia-1-9-tdi-need-help.html

16 inchers should not be a problem , but read my issue with 16 inchers in a Octavia (5 hole PCD 100 like the Polo/Vento). And my car uses 50 profile tyres too. Please share your stock wheel/tyre size.

Regards,
Jeno.
I just read your thread and I haven't heard anything like that before. [confused]
Did you approach the service center or the shop from which you bought the tires?
I haven't upgraded my tires yet. But now I'm confused!!

Aftermarket 16" Wheels for VW Polo

I own a VW Polo Comfortline, which has stock 175/70R14 tyres on steel rims.
I am looking forward to upgrade to 16" rims with 195/50R16 tyres.

image_18.jpg

I know Polo wheels are 5 bolt PCD100

Can someone tell me if the Barcelona wheels are also 100PCD, as in, will they fit on the Polo with 195/50R16 tyres?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 16" Wheels for VW Polo

View attachment 69011
Can someone tell me if the Barcelona wheels are also 100PCD, as in, will they fit on the Polo with 195/50R16 tyres?
I read somewhere that polo PCD is not exactly 100, but 100.5 (approx) so you may find some difficulty in fixing new alloys. Nevertheless, talk to some alloy/tyre experts, I am sure you will find a solution.
One form member has got 15 inchers for polo, check this: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-my-german-beauty-pearl-black-polo-tdi-2.html

Re: 16" Wheels for VW Polo

Hi, It is good to upgrade to 15" not 16". If you have more than 15" there are high chances that your will may hit the bottom of car on the fender side. When I was checking about upgrading the wheel size for my car, I was recommended in the tyre stores that I can upgrade to a max of 1" from the stock not more than that.

Re: Swift Zdi Tyre and Alloy Wheel Change

Hi everyone, i am new to this forum.I would like to know, if I change my OEM stock 15" on VW polo highline to 17" . Is it gonna really affect my ride knowing how Indian roads are. I am getting the same wheels PREM13 has got for his swift VDI , however they are 17".
I am purchasing them from Bangkok and are costing me 31k for 4 wheels and have been suggested by the dealer to go for 215/50 , which under my impression will be a little rough ride .kindly advise on the same. Thanks in advance .

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 16” Alloy Wheels for Volkswagen Polo

I read somewhere that polo PCD is not exactly 100, but 100.5 (approx) so you may find some difficulty in fixing new alloys. Nevertheless, talk to some alloy/tyre experts, I am sure you will find a solution.
One form member has got 15 inchers for polo, check this: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-my-german-beauty-pearl-black-polo-tdi-2.html
[lol] That forum member is the same person who started this thread

16" alloys will reduce the ride comfort slightly. 50 profile tyres will have considerable effects on the ride quality. I don't think 50 profile tyres are suited for Kerala roads.

Lenso, Borbet etc have really good designs in 16"

Re: Aftermarket 16" Wheels for VW Polo

View attachment 69011

Where do you get those alloys from? The VW dealer or some other source? The alloys look beautiful. Love it.
BTW, I think the Jetta and Passat have a different PCD compared to the Polo. Not very sure though.

Regards,
Vipin

Btw, if you car is under warranty or extended warranty make sure you ask the dealer before you upsize the rims.

A Chevy dealer said that upsizing from 14"-15" alloys will void the warranty.

Make sure you maintain the rolling radius.If you increase the diameter of the rim, you need to reduce the sidewall height to compensate.

The reduced sidewall height will make the ride quality harsh but you will get increase grip and stability at higher speeds.Make sure you choose the right tires depending on the speed you constantly drive at.

Last edited:
I asked EVM motors Trivandrum and they said I will lose warranty on the suspension if I upgrade to alloys.

Regards,
Vipin

Re: 16” Alloy Wheels for Volkswagen Polo

I asked EVM motors Trivandrum and they said I will lose warranty on the suspension if I upgrade to alloys.

Regards,
Vipin
According to the Chevy dealer you are allowed to go for alloys in the same size as the steel rims but you cannot upsize.

Please check this out with your dealer.

Top Bottom