Originally Posted by puneet848
looks interesting. are they more accurate and better than the 4 round type sensors. i have a new grand i10 and would need sensors and a cam for reversing. did you install them yourself as i think mechanics may not be that aware on how to install this new thing.
Yes Puneet, Electromagnetic Parking Sensor (EPS) is 100% accurate and it is the latest technology in India. The 4 round sensors you are talking about is Ultrasonic Parking Sensor (UPS) which we can not cover at the start and end part of the bumper that means left and right of car just after the doors. Since EPS sensor is a adhesive metal tape and it's size is really big, so it covers the entire bumper.
Steps to install the UPS is:
1. Make holes in car bumper, 2 at left side of bumper and 2 at right side of bumper
2. Set 4 sensors in the holes
3. Connect sensors wires to Electronic Control Unit
4. Connect ECU to cars reverse parking light to get activated when you reverse your car
that's it, installation done for UPS.
Similarly for EPS installation following are the steps:
1. Unscrew bumper and clean it from inside with wet and then dry cloth, so that sensor can stick on bumper.
2. Stick the sensor tape from start of the bumper to end of the bumper.
Now step 3 and four are same as UPS installation
and finally screw the bumper again.
So the mechanic who can install UPS can also install EPS.