Transparent Sunfilms - VKool / Llumar / 3M?

Thread Starter #1
I'm in dire straits as to which sun film should I go for. The respected Suprene Court's judgment taken into consideration: it says "nothing should be installed on glasses" [anger]. Now does it apply to transparent sun films too?

My car which is due to be picked on 4th June, according to my liking should have heat rejection film be it transparent (thanks to sc). Now Vkool for side glasses+ rear glass is costing Rs. 18000. Will not opting for rear glass reduce the overall expenditure considerably? Or should I go for any other of the aforesaid (in topic) brand?

All suggestions welcomed. [:)]

Thank you in anticipation.

Regards,

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Vkool / Llumar / 3m

if your car delivery is due , ask the dealer to get you the tinted glasses.

nothing is allowed not even a transparent film. only factory fitted tinted glass nothing else.

you should enquire about the same from your dealer asap.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Vkool / Llumar / 3m

if your car delivery is due , ask the dealer to get you the tinted glasses.

nothing is allowed not even a transparent film. only factory fitted tinted glass nothing else.

you should enquire about the same from your dealer asap.
My car is at the showroom, its just that i'll take it out of the showroom on 4th June. Am i late already? [cry]

Regards,

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Oh it reached the showroom. Then I think you cannot do anything or you have to wait more for the delivery.

Anyways I have autographix transparent films on my car. So far no one has stopped me just because they are not black so not that much dark. Even if you want to add films , don't go for expensive films or it will be a total loss if someone catches you.

So just avoid films for the time being.

And which car you are buying ? And you are a delhi resident so you will get the tamper proof plates ;) do post a pics of your car and the plates as well.

Thread Starter #5
Oh it reached the showroom. Then I think you cannot do anything or you have to wait more for the delivery.

Anyways I have autographix transparent films on my car. So far no one has stopped me just because they are not black so not that much dark. Even if you want to add films , don't go for expensive films or it will be a total loss if someone catches you.

So just avoid films for the time being.

And which car you are buying ? And you are a delhi resident so you will get the tamper proof plates ;) do post a pics of your car and the plates as well.
I am going for fluidic verna Crdi A/T. will start a new thread as soon as the ride reaches home [:D]

Considering good reviews of AC of the new verna, I think I should drop the idea of going for heat rejection films. Even if I decide to get films I shall go for a cheaper brand than Vkool (which costs a bomb). I shall post pics of both car and the tamper proof plates [glasses]

Regards,

I think you should simply wait for few more weeks before putting any sun film. Yesterday I had gone to a 3M centre in Bangalore and the shop was deserted - A very strange sight considering that it used to be filled up in the weekends.

I am sure the sun film manufacturers will try and reverse the decision.

Thread Starter #7
I think you should simply wait for few more weeks before putting any sun film. Yesterday I had gone to a 3M centre in Bangalore and the shop was deserted - A very strange sight considering that it used to be filled up in the weekends.

I am sure the sun film manufacturers will try and reverse the decision.
Yeah I'll adopt wait and watch policy. [:D]

Off topic: -

I am a final year law student and all the time I thought 'Law is equal for all'. But the uppermost court, by letting MPs and MLAs keep black films have proved me wrong. I keep thinking about it all the time. What if a criminal steals and uses vehicle of a MP/ MLA to commit crime. Having said that can't MPs / MLAs commit crime? [frustration]

I hope the order is amended / taken back soon. Willing to fight the case for Vkool, etc. without charges :stupid:

350Z

Core Team
I'm in dire straits as to which sun film should I go for. The respected Suprene Court's judgment taken into consideration: it says "nothing should be installed on glasses". Now does it apply to transparent sun films too?
It’s better to wait and watch rather than spending a large chunk of money on any kind of sunfilms right now. I hope this policy will be amended soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #12
Great , so I think you will be the first to get the automatic verna [;)] I myself has a verna but petrol :p
Hey I must say you're a brave person to have chosen petrol variant, given the fact that (1) petrol is costing a lot now and also (2) it's the diesel one that is making Hyundai top the charts. [;)] But then waiting for around 6 months also calls for a bravery award [lol]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Hey I must say you're a brave person to have chosen petrol variant, given the fact that (1) petrol is costing a lot now and also (2) it's the diesel one that is making Hyundai top the charts. But then waiting for around 6 months also calls for a bravery award
my usage is just 25-30 kms a day so that's why i opted for petrol , diesel was 1,50,000 costlier.

you can check my thread for all the details [;)] do take a look.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../7281-new-hyundai-verna-fluidic-1-6-vtvt.html

so you have been waiting for 6 months ? [:D] seriously the wait, i got my petrol in 2 days without any papers or anything :P and was getting hyundai i20 in a week ( 4 months booking )

and my cousin already had a verna booked , he opted for xuv 500 so i would have easily got the diesel but not a practical choice [:)]

what will be your daily commute ?

Thread Starter #14
my usage is just 25-30 kms a day so that's why i opted for petrol , diesel was 1,50,000 costlier.

you can check my thread for all the details do take a look.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../7281-new-hyundai-verna-fluidic-1-6-vtvt.html

so you have been waiting for 6 months ? [:D] seriously the wait, i got my petrol in 2 days without any papers or anything :P and was getting hyundai i20 in a week ( 4 months booking )

and my cousin already had a verna booked , he opted for xuv 500 so i would have easily got the diesel but not a practical choice [:)]

what will be your daily commute ?
Yea 25-30 kms a day called for a petrol version. Assuming I might work in Gurgaon 'after I graduate 'my daily run would be somewhere between 70-100 kms or even more. My dad who travels outside Delhi a lot, insisted to go for diesel variant. The way our govt. was increasing petrol prices it was kind of more realistic to go for diesel back then(when we booked the car)

Look at your ride, its so hot!! [surprise]

I am confused between Teflon coating and timely wax treatment. Any suggestions?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
oh so 70-100 kms , then practical choice is diesel only [:)] if daily commute is more than 70 kms , diesel should be the choice.

your car will have the same level of hotness [;)] and the automatic gear will add some of its own [;)]

in today's date everyone just fools customer.

i mean customers like you and me are willing to pay extra for these stuffs but we don't get the money's worth.

so if you want just for your satisfaction you can opt for teflon coating and maybe under body rubber paint treatment.

but for me and my dad its just fooling customers. no hard feelings but i don't get such treatments done.

another guy opted for engine coating , the hyundai guys said we used 3m , and looking at the dustbin he found they used maruti's coating which sucks.

teflon will be around 2000-2500 if you get it done from the showroom , if you really want go to a proper detailing center. i'm not aware of any such detailing center in delhi.

wax i myself has waxed my car 3-4 times. its easy but takes a lot of time to do. and you know the level of pollution , dust in delhi , normal wiping of dust will cause swirl marks all over the body.

but yes you can go for 6 months detailing , if you want your ride to look as new.

see reply 54.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ndai-verna-fluidic-1-6-vtvt-4.html#post155886

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom