Accessories and Modifications for My Baby Alto

Thread Starter #1
Hello People,

So after i got my alto, the only accessories were JVC music system with front speakers and accessory socket.
Did not fix rear speakers as my mother feared that she has no space to load her weekend baggage, my father is thinks to buying another car(not so fast) , so i got permission to attach rear speakers and sub-too[angel].

I'll be upgrading my car monthly starting from the coming week and here goes my list of modifications and accessories needed as per me, so i am requesting the members to please guide me which all is worth going for and which is unnecessary:

1) Art-Leather Seat covers: The current Fabric seats when viewed from outside looks awful with the sun-films removed, thanks to SC[frustration]. Got a quotation today from one of the accessory shop in JC road(The area which is a hub in Bangalore for Car mods)
He told that the normal leather seats costs 2500 and a better quality named Dragon seat covers(heard this?) costs 4250, it looked better so which is worth going for? Dragon or the normal one?

2) Rear-Speakers: Planning to Put a sub and an amp later so is 300/200W JBL/Xplod/Pioneer rear speakers enough? (Have a long Query on ICE, will put up a thread in ICE discussions)

These two accessories will be installed in the coming week, so the following ones will be added later on:

3) Arm-Rests: Don't know what happened to me but i start feeling i need an armrest for my car, had inquired with an accessory dealer today he quoted 1400 Rs, he told that the arm rest will be placed in the center with storage box. What say? If replies are positive then this will come soon in my car[;)]

4) Security System and Power-Windows: As mine was a basic LXI model it did not come with any of these nor we planned to install it earlier, now it has become a need and i plan to install Xenos Security as well as power Window system(4 Windows), it will come within 10k and our Member Varun has already fixed this system and have given a good feedback from this. Probably DIY will be done for this by Varun.

5) Alloy Wheels: Currently i have a limit on my budget so i have plans to add alloys by the end of this year, but i need suggestions if i can go for 13" or change for 12" only as my car comes with 12" Steel rims as standard, also please give a rough price tags for the alloys which will be swapped with my current set of wheels, 12" or 13". Plan to add alloys for all 5 wheels.

Please Advise on seat covers and speakers to select ASAP as i may fix by this Wednesday. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Good, So your car is getting back its charm !!

Speakers - Go for pioneer / JBL

Seat covers - Art leather

Security system - Xenos, enough I guess

Power windows - Xenos - Great one. DIY for sure if you agree !!

Arm rest - Does alto really needs it ? But I know ppl like me & you need !

Alloys - Strictly 12", plati / neo wheels, because it fits in budget.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Good, So your car is getting back its charm !!
Ah as expected! 1st reply. Thanks Varun

Seat covers - Art leather
Yes it will be of leather, but is 4k worth giving?

Arm rest - Does alto really needs it ? But I know ppl like me & you need !
Yeah! Got a Query for it too, will tell ya laer

Alloys - Strictly 12", plati / neo wheels, because it fits in budget.
Plati has various options on 12" Alloys?

Speakers - Go for pioneer / JBL
Fine, Output power?

Security system - Xenos, enough I guess
Power windows - Xenos - Great one. DIY for sure if you agree !!
It's going to be a DIY from you. Yes Xenos is enough.

I plan to put these accessories also:

Rear Spoilers, LEDs in instrument cluster and for Parking lights.

Art leather seats - Definitely look nice though I prefer cloth to sit on (mine has art leather). Even if you plan on getting the cheap one, make sure the fitting is tight. In that case, if you want, you can change it a couple of years down the line when you get bored of the seat cover.

Power windows and security - I think xenos is good.

Speakers - Depends on your budget, headunit, type of music you listen to, etc etc. You most probably won't need rear speakers if you have an amp, sub, good headunit and compos in the front. Or if you can put a wooden parcel tray in your alto with good 6x9s in them, you'll find you don't need an amp though it can and will become a headache when there are people at the back (tell me 'bout it). Id say get good compos, good headunit (the ones that come dealer fitted are usual crap), an amp and sub and you're ready to go.

Alloys - Get machined black alloys. It'll look hot. Black looks hot in any car. Just make sure your bumpers are body color too. Neo/plati should be good.

There is one member, a moderator me thinks (his username i think is very similar to yours) who has a nice looking alto. Check it out for ideas.

Cheers,
Vipin

350Z

Core Team
1) Art-Leather Seat covers: The current Fabric seats when viewed from outside looks awful with the sun-films removed, thanks to SC. Got a quotation today from one of the accessory shop in JC road(The area which is a hub in Bangalore for Car mods) He told that the normal leather seats costs 2500 and a better quality named Dragon seat covers(heard this?) costs 4250, it looked better so which is worth going for? Dragon or the normal one?
Never heard of this brand. You can also check out designs from brands like Auto Form. It should fall in a similar range.

3) Arm-Rests: Don't know what happened to me but i start feeling i need an armrest for my car, had inquired with an accessory dealer today he quoted 1400 Rs, he told that the arm rest will be placed in the center with storage box. What say? If replies are positive then this will come soon in my car
Nice convenience add-on. Sure, worth installing as long as the price is justified.

5) Alloy Wheels: Currently i have a limit on my budget so i have plans to add alloys by the end of this year, but i need suggestions if i can go for 13" or change for 12" only as my car comes with 12" Steel rims as standard, also please give a rough price tags for the alloys which will be swapped with my current set of wheels, 12" or 13". Plan to add alloys for all 5 wheels.
Sometime back I did PS Job on Akash's Alto. Here's the link: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...re-parts/5062-need-suggestions-12-alloys.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #7
Speakers - Depends on your budget, headunit, type of music you listen to, etc etc. You most probably won't need rear speakers if you have an amp, sub, good headunit and compos in the front. Or if you can put a wooden parcel tray in your alto with good 6x9s in them, you'll find you don't need an amp though it can and will become a headache when there are people at the back (tell me 'bout it). Id say get good compos, good headunit (the ones that come dealer fitted are usual crap), an amp and sub and you're ready to go.
HU is JVC, yes am getting the parcel tray fixed so that i can have speakers and amp in the plank itself.

Alloys - Get machined black alloys. It'll look hot. Black looks hot in any car. Just make sure your bumpers are body color too. Neo/plati should be good.
My Car is a dark colored one, so i think chrome and black combo holds good, what say?

There is one member, a moderator me thinks (his username i think is very similar to yours) who has a nice looking alto. Check it out for ideas.
Cheers,
Vipin
Yes its Akash's alto, he has modded it neatly, currently have his thread in my tab

For Seat covers than ready made cant you go for stiched one??There even you can chose the colour combination of your own[;)]
Yes buddy, i will select the covers and then give them to stitch, i have to order it in prior.

Never heard of this brand. You can also check out designs from brands like Auto Form. It should fall in a similar range.
Yeah i found out the Auto-form dealer in Bangalore, will check the prices,(maybe 200 or 300 Rs more) will surely consider this brand.

Sometime back I did PS Job on Akash's Alto. Here's the link: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...re-parts/5062-need-suggestions-12-alloys.html
Drive Safe,
350Z
I liked the first one as it was a chrome and suits for my car well being a dark colored one.

Attachments

Help Regarding Parcel Tray Mount (Alto LXi)

Hi guys,

I need to know from where i can source this part for my alto lxi,Couldnt find it at MGP Store here, Can any one please help me?[confused]

To be honest i dont want any custom made L Clamps as it spoils looks and may rattle.

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Help regarding Parcel Tray Mount ~ Alto Lxi

Hi guys,

I need to know from where i can source this part for my alto lxi,Couldnt find it at MGP Store here, Can any one please help me?[confused]

To be honest i dont want any custom made L Clamps as it spoils looks and may rattle.
Check the part number if you have the service manual of Alto. You can look for it in online stores (like Motrpart.in or Amazon) or place an order for this part at MGP dealer. You can also approach scrap car dealers as they will definitely get you this part from a scrap Alto. You will get an original part at a fraction of the price.

What happened to the current mount?

First of all thanks for the reply.[clap]

Check the part number if you have the service manual of Alto.
Dont have a parts manual. The one at MGP dont have this part, they are having the one that came with Vxi series,which is a big plastic trim that cover the entire area and costs more than 1.5k. [roll]

You can look for it in online stores (like Motrpart.in or Amazon) or place an
order for this part at MGP dealer.
Will check with other dealer.

You can also approach scrap car dealers as they will definitely get you this part from a scrap Alto. You will get an original part at a fraction of the price.
Thats a good idea, if possible will go and check tomorrow itself.

What happened to the current mount?
There are no mounts presently, this model came without parcel tray mounts and hence i cannot place a parcel tray and currently am having rear speakers on Dicky door.[frustration]

Attachments

There are no mounts presently, this model came without parcel tray mounts and hence i cannot place a parcel tray and currently am having rear speakers on Dicky door.[frustration]
After getting the mounts, will you keep the speakers in the current location or move them to the tray?

Last edited:

Top Bottom