Alloy Wheels For Old Honda City 1.5 EXi

Thread Starter #1
Hi
Guys it has been many years long now and its time to change my car tires. Its my first mod to my car. And tires play crucial role in car performance.

I m going for alloy rims with tubeless sets. I'm noob so help me in setting up sweet ride.

I have decided Bridgestone for tyre brand but do suggest me other brands also.
What is the default wheel size for old city?
Can i safely adopt R15 size?

Secondly, which rims to go for, imported or indian ones. I heard HR, Aura, Neo are preferable alloy brands. Other brand suggestions are welcomed.
What rim size can be coupled with R15 tire size?

Please let me know tyre and rim size combos.

In mumbai, which are the best and the trusted shops to shop from?

Answer my queries serially.

Hey joncenawordlife, You said you were about to modd your ride rite ? Now if you meant performance mod's by anyways & some serious ones the tyre,rim size will vary.

Kindly let us know your BUDGET first.

A strict NO to Indian alloys.

If you always drive with 4 people in car its useless to upgrade the alloy size. Will scrap your car from bottom.The stock one's are 13" i guess at the max you could go for 14".
You will need to compromise on the ride quality(it will become harsh) if you opt for 15'' & above sizes.

Thread Starter #3
Hey joncenawordlife, You said you were about to modd your ride rite ? Now if you meant performance mod's by anyways & some serious ones the tyre,rim size will vary.

Kindly let us know your BUDGET first.

A strict NO to Indian alloys.

If you always drive with 4 people in car its useless to upgrade the alloy size. Will scrap your car from bottom.The stock one's are 13" i guess at the max you could go for 14".
You will need to compromise on the ride quality(it will become harsh) if you opt for 15'' & above sizes.
hey neil sorry for not mentioning the mod type. Not performance but lookwise i m looking for that too ones which will suits my car.

I always drive alone or with bro or dad and only once or twice in a year whole family. And the tyres are 8 yrs old and they have worn out too.
Yes i'll look for size 14" that fits best. My budget is 40k but anything within that will be really nice as i also have to put new audio system (deck,speakers,ovals,ampli.) fed up with the old stock ones(they have gone bad too)

But tyres comes first.

I heard that if we get imported alloys and if anything gets wrong to any of the rim, then its hard finind a single piece and have to end up buying the whole set needlessly.
But in indian segment you can get that single rim also.

Hi
Guys it has been many years long now and its time to change my car tires. Its my first mod to my car. And tires play crucial role in car performance.

I m going for alloy rims with tubeless sets. I'm noob so help me in setting up sweet ride.

I have decided Bridgestone for tyre brand but do suggest me other brands also.
What is the default wheel size for old city?
Can i safely adopt R15 size?

Secondly, which rims to go for, imported or indian ones. I heard HR, Aura, Neo are preferable alloy brands. Other brand suggestions are welcomed.
What rim size can be coupled with R15 tire size?

Please let me know tyre and rim size combos.

In mumbai, which are the best and the trusted shops to shop from?

Answer my queries serially.
Aura has shut down.So don't opt for Aura.
Even check Apollo,they have got some really good set of alloy wheels.

Apollo Alloys

For tyres I'll say Michelin XM1

Thread Starter #6
Aura has shut down.So don't opt for Aura.
Even check Apollo,they have got some really good set of alloy wheels.

Apollo Alloys

For tyres I'll say Michelin XM1
hey renegade can i contact you personally via phone? We are from same city, your help will be grateful.

budget revised--30k flat now. I want to upgrade ICE after this ones fix.

hey renegade can i contact you personally via phone? We are from same city, your help will be grateful.

budget revised--30k flat now. I want to upgrade ICE after this ones fix.
Sure Ronit,

But how can i give you my number??
I can't pm you as your post count is low.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
Just came back from milan subway and inquired about tyres at Bombay tyres and Anand tyres.
I got quotes as follows:

Michelin XM1, size 175 --Rs 3050 each
Bridgestone Potenza GIII, size 185 --Rs 3200 each

They have ample of Plati alloys in stock ranging from 10k to 14k for a set of 4.
They also have some of BK Racing, Konig, Enkei, Lenso, Neo and Apollo.

13in ranges from 10k to 14k while 14in 15k and above
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inquired about Pioneer HUs
DEH-4190SD 2rca- 9k
DEH-P5190UB 3rca- 11.5k
6050- 8.5k
5050- 7.5k

Kenwood HUs
Kenwood KDCMP443 - 6.5k
Kenwood KDCMP543U - 7k

Kenwood amp 4ch - 6k

Everythings is in your budget man. If you happen to save some mooney after tose mods do go for Spoiler. It will enhance the look of your ride. Aftermarket will cost not more than 2k with painting(+-200)

napster

Suspended
Upgrading by 1" will not effect your ride quality much, It gives your ride a better look than ever before. I can surely say that. Go for either potenza's or michellins as they are pretty good at performance. Even yoko's are good when it comes to performance. Lenso and other imported stuff cost you a bomb. Lenso 15" costed me around 19k for a set of 4 where as plati costed 15k for a similar model, Its obvious that the quality and all along with the brand name matters [:D] at the end of the day.
P.S : Upsize by an inch with a bit wider rubber and that'll do the job. You'll get both performance and looks.
Whats the stock size of your ride btw?

Upgrading by 1" will not effect your ride quality much, It gives your ride a better look than ever before. I can surely say that.
P.S : Upsize by an inch with a bit wider rubber and that'll do the job. You'll get both performance and looks.
Whats the stock size of your ride btw?
+ 1 .

The stock is 13". But confirm and let us know. If its 13",14" is just perfect for you.

Top Bottom