Suggestions For New Car Battery

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

Yesterday evening when i tried starting my car after a week long stay for her (was out of town so car was not used), it refused to crank. I thought that might be the battery is down; so i removed the same and took it to nearby battery store for getting it charged (lot many people told to do jump start as in the old cars when people push it to get it into motion, but i dont like to do that to my MPFI vehicle as its clearly stated not to do that in the manual). The technician at the battery store checked the battery and told that battery is charged but one cell is gone and hence its not taking the cranking. The only option left was to buy a new battery (damn i was not in the mood to spend around 4k immediately).

Now my question to all people here is can the battery get dead in a span of 2.6 yrs?
Also i have finalized to buy an Amaron battery (Go? Flo? Pro? not sure again advice needed here).
The technician told me to get a 40 something model as against my default 38 something model. I doubt that my Alternator will take up the extra (slightly bigger) load. If yes should i go with this model?

Need suggestions urgently as am without car today [frustration]

350Z

Core Team
Average life of car batteries is typically three years. Yours gave up a little earlier but on the other hand – standard battery of our Maruti 800 lasted for somewhere around five years. You should be safe enough to proceed with Amaron Maintenance Free Battery (3 Years Warranty). I bought one in Jan and the installation was professional. The shop owner personally came to check the work and handed over the warranty card as soon as the mechanic fixed it.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Get a 38 amps one,40 amps would be more better..
Mine knocked off at 2 years only (came with the car exide), I have used tata green, amaron, finally exide..still running strong even after 3 years..

Your alternator will have the capacity to charge it, no issues.
My suggestion go for exide maintenance free battery..

Thread Starter #4
Wow! Two suggestions till now and both by the best ones on board. Many thanks for the replies 350z and Varun. Never would have got better suggestions from people in market. Will be going to market in evening and will update as soon as i get one.

Thread Starter #6
Had been to market on the hunt of an Amaron!! Basically there are four models available:

1. Amaron Black (Cheapest)---Warranty 18 Months.
2. Amaron Go (Equivalent to the one that comes with the vehicle at delivery)---Warranty 36 Months.
3. Amaron Flo (Better and mostly used by many; probably ill also take this one)---Warranty 48 Months.
4. Amaron Pro (Supposed to be best as per technical terms but as per dealer same as Flo model)---Warranty 60 Months.

I would be taking new battery tomorrow as today most of time after office was used in visiting market and analysing the data.

Please suggest which one should i go for (I want to go for Pro but that model has 1 week waiting as its not widely used).

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
same thing happened to my i10 as well. one cell was fused and i purchased sf sonic battery 5 years warranty , no maintenance battery at around 3200 i guess. its been months , no issue.

I would suggest go for the Exide battery, they are pretty good. Using it in my i20 from last 3 years, not a single problem at all.

350Z

Core Team
1. Amaron Black (Cheapest)---Warranty 18 Months.
2. Amaron Go (Equivalent to the one that comes with the vehicle at delivery)---Warranty 36 Months.
3. Amaron Flo (Better and mostly used by many; probably ill also take this one)---Warranty 48 Months.
4. Amaron Pro (Supposed to be best as per technical terms but as per dealer same as Flo model)---Warranty 60 Months.
I have the Amaron Go. BTW How much is the price difference between these models?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #10
Prices after deducting old battery resale:

1. Amaron Black --- Warranty 18 Months --- Rs.2500/-
2. Amaron Go --- Warranty 36 Months --- Not Available
3. Amaron Flo --- Warranty 48 Months --- Rs. 3200/-
4. Amaron Pro --- Warranty 60 Months --- Rs.4200/-

Thread Starter #13
Update Friends,

Got the Battery this weekend (sorry for informing late). Was able to fit it on monday evening only.
Purchased Amaron FLO @ 3200 after giving away the old battery.

Thread Starter #15
AMPS i believe that its 35 Amp only since most of the dealers (even authorized) didn't know anything about exact figures but the model number is 42 something (will post exact model and pics as well), so i believe its 42 Amps (i hope).

Top Bottom