Performance Modifications on My Car (Japanese)

Thread Starter #1
Hellow Everyone ,
Since all of us share the same passion of being a car enthusiast , I really want to have something that has a peak power at its best. This can be achieved by modifying you car sensibly .

Lets share some of the modification knowledge that I might have. I'll start off by telling you all modifications on my car.

List of modifications on my car:

Engine / Make:

Year: 1996
Make: Nissan
Model: Skyline
Chassis: ECR-33
Trim: Series II
Body Type: 2 door 4 seat Coupe
Engine: RB25DET , 2.5 Litre straight Six cylinder , Turbo charged (intercooled)
Drive Type: Rear Wheel Drive
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual

Modifications:

-Haltech ECU
-High Flow Turbo(garret)
-Front Mount Intercooler
-HKS Sequential blow off valve
-Heavy Duty Clutch Kit
-Aftermarket Radiator (NISMO)
-Cusco Fuel Catch Can
-3" Full Cat back exhaust with Jasma Muffler (Titanium Tip)
-Lowered on JDM suspension
-Pod Filter intake (covered)
-NGK Spark plugs
-Premium Coil packs (Bosch)
-Aftermarket Boost controller kit and Gauge
-Aftermarket REV Meter
-18" Dished Alloy wheels (225 Front/Rear 235)

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
This is a non standard ECU that I have in my car. I can always plug my laptop on my car and do the modifications I want either an economical mode or a performance mode. But you have to be very careful that some settings may damage your car's engine.

There are other chips available in the market such as APEXI POWER FC, MICROTEK ECU, HALTECH SPRINT SERIES, BEE-R etc etc.
Haltech Pro Plus ECU

Features:
• Direct plug and play replacement of the OEM ECU, no re-wiring necessary.
• Uses the cars factory sensors
• Supports R32 GT-R twin MAF sensors
• Supports Sequential Injection (peak and hold) and Direct fire ignition
• Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7 compatible software
• Real time programming, instant hesitation free adjustment while engine is running
• Fully user definable 32 x 32 mapping
• Tuning via Volumetric Efficiency (VE), Injection time or Lambda Correction (MAF)
• OBD II Code Storing & Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) Control * * (Access through laptop
only )
• Selectable onboard internal MAP sensor rated to 150kPa (up to 1.5 Bar or 22psi boost)
• Wideband “auto tuning” using user definable target AFR table
• USB and CAN Communication Port

Factory Outputs:
• 6 x Fuel Injector outputs
• 6 x Ignition outputs
• Tacho, Boost Control, AC Clutch Relay, Idle Control
• Thermo Fan, Check Engine Light, Fuel Pump (Variable Speed)
• N-VCT ( Nissan Variable CAM Timing Control)

Factory Inputs:
• MAF sensors, Throttle Position Sensor, Oxygen sensors,
• Coolant Temperature sensor, Vehicle Speed Sensor,
• Air Temperature sensor.

Expansion I/O*:
• 2 x Analogue Voltage inputs
• 2 x Analogue Temperature inputs
• 4 x Digital pulsed outputs
*Optional auxiliary harness required to be purchased Haltech Part # HT040003

Functions:
• Closed Loop O2 Control
• Decel Cut Over Boost Rev Limiter
• Closed & Open Loop Boost Control
• Gear Setup
• ACF On Base Tables
• Transient Throttle Enhance

Correction Tables: Fuel Ignition Boost:
• Cranking
• Air Temp Target Correction
• Coolant Temperature Correction
• Map Correction
• Zero Throttle Gear Correction
• Cylinder Trim
• TPS Correction
• Generic Correction 1
• Generic Correction 2
• Gear Correction
• Post Start
• Air Temp Duty Correction
• Post Start

Miscellaneous:
• Data Logging: 448Kb of onboard data logging,
Storage for approx 40 minutes at 10 logs per seconds, 6 channels of data
• Max 20 channels logging capability
• Tune can be password protected in software
• Rugged anodized aluminum casing

Power Requirements:
Source: 8.6 to 16.5 Volts DC
Consumption: 530mA @ 12Volts DC

Physical Dimensions:
ECU Dimensions Length: 154mm (174mm with MAP nipple) Width: 158mm Height: 42mm Weight: 680g (1.5 lb)

Applications:
Nissan Skyline R32, Nissan Skyline R33 Variations: GT-R, GTS-t

Engine Codes:
RB25DET, RB26DETT

Transmission:
Manual only (Automatic not supported)

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
The stock turbo has a capacity to produce over 180 Killowatts on rear wheels , however the turbo has been changed with the garret made one which is capable of running 18psi boost. Currently car is tuned at 14 psi .

Garret Turbo For my skyline R33

Dual Ball Bearing GT2860R turbo (base Garrett P/N 707160-5) assembly with T25 style turbine inlet. Comes with internally wastegated style T25 turbine housing that is unique and same as Skyline style (tapped turbine inlet holes, unique turbine discharge pattern, and low profile housing neck) and Skyline style compressor housing with 2 bolt inlet and 2 bolt outlet.
Includes wastegate actuator bracket and actuator from the factory (also unique to this turbo).

This turbo is great for small displacement engines up to 2.2L and has the ultimate spool up time compared to other units. This turbo has a flow capacity of about 350HP. The external packaging of this turbo can be similar to that of the twin turbo Skyline engines this a pir of these can offer excellent ball bearing power and response.

Turbine
-Wheel: 53.85mm w/ 76 trim
-Housing: .64 ar
-Maps

Compressor
-Wheel: 60mm w/ 62 trim
-Housing: .60 ar (2 bolt inlet and 2 bolt outlet)

Attachments

Thread Starter #4
FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER

Since you have upgraded the turbo , you need to have a bigger intercooler to be able to cool down the air that gets compressed by the high flow turbo
In this instance , side mount intercooler has to be removed and the bigger front mount intercooler has to be installed.
This setup is for about 800 dollars , kit itself costs from 450-600$ depending on the sizes.
Some kits are made for specific models , so all you have to do is plug and play.

Attachments

Thread Starter #5
Blow off valve

Blow Off Valves are easily adjustable to eliminate compressor surge and preventing premature boost leakage, while increasing boost response between shifts.
Working

Attachments

Thread Starter #6
Nismo Radiator
Car is running high on boost , bigger intercooler , bigger turbo which simply means that car is going to get really hot.

In order to cope with all that heat , you need to replace the standard Radiator and put a bigger one, just in case. Better save your Headgaskets then saving 200 bucks!

This is what I have on my car as you can see, Nismo (nissan motor sports )

Attachments

Thread Starter #7
Cusco Fuel Catch Can

The unburned gas which is toxic can remain in the cylinder head of a normal production engine can be returned and sent to the combustion room along with the mixture with this oil tank. Where as with competition cars the unburned gas let out in the air. This tank will not pollute the air and re-burn the gas.

The kit comes with piping of either 9mm or 15mm - see your model for details. Universal models are also available with mounting bracket and all other parts included

Attachments

Thread Starter #8
Kakimoto Jasma 3" Stainless Steel Exhaust (Catback)

The Kakimoto Regu cat back exhaust system is designed for improved street response whilst keeping within the JASMA 92db noise limitation for street use.

• Designed for minimum bends for optimal exhaust flow
  • Stainless Steel construction
  • Titanium like tip look using special coating
  • Improved vehicle sound but not excessively noisy.

Attachments

Thread Starter #9
Pod Filter intake

Cold air intake systems ramp up your ride’s performance levels by lifting those gains in horsepower and torque to new levels.
Since the turbo needs more airflow , normal box type intake doesn't work quiet well with them, I have now enclosed pod filter ( which makes it street legal)

This is the picture of my Skyline R33 that I sold last year

Thread Starter #10
NGK iridium Spark Plugs

NGK iridium plugs represent the ultimate evolution of spark plug technology and performance. The iridium center electrode is both stronger and harder than platinum. This allows NGK engineers to design an ultra-fine (0.6mm)center electrode reducing the voltage requirement for spark. This allows for a brighter, stronger spark from your existing ignition system. The ground electrode has a tapered cut at the firing end which reduces quenching for better flame core growth and increased ignitability. The combination of fine wire center electrode and tapered cut ground will increase performance, improve acceleration, and fuel efficiency

Attachments

Thread Starter #12
Turbosmart Boost controller (manual)

All Turbosmart Gated Boost Controllers are manufactured from high-grade brass and aluminum and are renowned for their easy installation, operation and stability. The extensive range covers all applications; from mild street-tuned engines, to purpose-built race power plants.

Smaller and lighter than other Manual Boost Controllers as well as the previous generation Boost Tee. Set your boost and forget it. Boost adjustable from under the hood with an accurate, proven Detent System. Easy to install and adjust. Supplied with a billet mounting bracket.

The Turbosmart Gated Boost Control Valve utilizes a unique ball and spring design. The wastegate will not "see" any boost signal before your dialed-in boost level is achieved. The result is faster spool-up and more horsepower, sooner!

Attachments

Thread Starter #14
I doubt .. none :p

So another thing I have is .. Alloy wheels.

Stock Tires are 215 R16
Since its a rear wheel drive and dyno tuned , so there was a need to have aftermarket wider tyres.

So got my car Alloy wheels, Dished.
18" Low profile with front one 225 and Rear ones 235 R18

Rear ones are wrapped in Michelin rubber. ($280 per tyre)

Alloys cost = $2500

Thread Starter #15
Apart of these mechanical mods , I have aftermarket REV meter and a boost gauge
When talking about sound, Well I don't really mind listening to my car's intake , BOV and exhaust sound.. however I got decent Sony head unit , 6x9 " at rear , 6" in front and sony sub with 4.1 channel bridged amp.

In the picture below , it was pretty much when I got it. I have now fixed the head unit the other way.

I need a double din CD player, I was thinking to get a JVC one but would refrain myself from spending way too much on it.

Apart of these i got a pair of 6000K HID KIT H1 for low beam , white parkers , white number plate lights.

Attachments

Top Bottom