I need a small clarification on continuing with the Type 4 K&N air-filter in Honda City I-vtec.
Reasons I am contemplating a change over to OEM
air filter are:
1) Availability of cleaning kit.
2) Price of the cleaning kit is ok but kit lasts for only 2-3 washes.
3) Not much difference in performance.
4) It can't be air cleaned like other OEM
Air-filters as the thin mesh on it may get torn.
5) Needs to be kept out-of-use for 1 whole day when cleaned.
6) The purchase cost is 10 times more than the price of normal air filters.
Based on the above factors, would it be better to switch back to purolator et al for air filter? The purolator air filter costs only INR 300-500. It can be replaced at every 10K kilometers without hesitation but as for the K&N the major drawback that I feel is the maintenance. Do let me know your views.