Maruti 800: Technical Issues & Solutions

Thread Starter #1
Dear Mods,

I was looking for an answer to an issue I had with my M-800 and even after doing a forum search I found that it was a bit tedious to find a solution because of the various threads on M-800. I also did not want to post on fellow members ownership threads with my query because in a way I would be hijacking their thread with my questions. That is the reason for opening this thread. I feel it would streamline all the questions regarding the M-800 make it easier for future users to find solutions to their problems. Please do allow this thread if you find it appropriate.

I would like to start the discussions with my first query.

I am getting a intermittent squeaking noise from the right side wheel. It is sometimes not heard at all and sometimes it continuously makes a squeaking noise. I have heard that squeaking noise can be attributed to the need for a change of brake pads. Would this be the solution to the problem?

Re: Maruti 800: technical issues and solutions

There are numerous cause for the squeaking noise.

Even a worn out alignment in door may start that noise aprat from brakes and suspensions.

To sort out. if its on rough road with no brakes - suspension or door or some other kind of

good road and brake - its definitely the brakes.

Thread Starter #3

^^ Thank you for the speedy reply. It is on good roads so even i was thinking brakes. Most probably the pads have worn out. Sadly, I just gave my car for service a few days back and I'm disappointed that they did not look into it. They were checking the brakes while I was talking to the manager and they said the brakes were all fine :frown:

I guess its the problem with brake pads..

Simple solution, just try washing the disks/calipers with pressure water this might be due to the dust..

Re: My Car - My Maruti 800

Guys i am getting these black dust kind of stuff on my M800 front wheels. When i checked with some drivers they said it bcos of the breakshoe. Still am worried bcos when i drive above 8okmph its getting more darker and i am feeling some shakeness while applying the breaks. Can u guys suggest me what could be the problem??? I have attached the pics also.[confused]

Attachments

Guys i am getting these black dust kind of stuff on my M800 front wheels. When i checked with some drivers they said it bcos of the breakshoe. Still am worried bcos when i drive above 8okmph its getting more darker and i am feeling some shakeness while applying the breaks. Can u guys suggest me what could be the problem??? I have attached the pics also.[confused]
Looking at the condition of the rims, the shaky feeling could be due to alignment problems of the wheels. Get it checked asap. The lug nuts have dug deep into the rim, and I suggest that you get a set of new rims. Sooner the better.

The black dust does look a bit too much, but maybe it's because you haven't cleaned it for a while. It's caused by the brake pads, as loboprashanth said. However, I would suggest that you check the pads and their clearance with the disc. Make sure they're not rubbing on the discs - in that case your pads would wear out real fast and your braking efficiency would be seriously degraded. Plus, there's a risk of the disc warping at higher speeds. due to heat.

Hi Nimrod,

Alignment of the wheels is absolutely fine bcos i checked it twice with diff. service stations. Both the sevice guys said its bcos of dust from the break pads as you guys said. But the fear is the shakeness only at high speeds. I f i drive around 50-60kmph and apply the breaks i dont find any issue. But anyhow as you said i'll check the rubbing issue once. Also planning to change the wheels to alloy's. Waiting for some cash inflow. Can u guys suggest some best brands and design for M800 as i am more concerned about the look too....!![glasses]

Re: Maruti 800: Technical Issues and Solutions

Hi Shankar,
Have a look at Varun's Alloys (M-800 Type 2) They are Plati brand (I think its Plati 194)
They gel with the overall looks of the car.

Re: My Maruti 800: Ownership thread

Guys i bought my car a year back. When i took it for the clucth work the mechanic guy has replaced these parts.( Pics shown below). Can u guys say what are those?? I was not there next to my car when these were changed. :please:
The parts which you have shown is the A/c Compressor..
The changed part is the A\C compressor clutch.. this is used to turn on your A\C compressor..[:)]

Hi varun,

Thanks. Can u suggest me whether is it possible to fix power windows and central lock for M800. If yes how much will that cost bcos u know its not that much of safety in delhi during night times and sometimes i'm parking my M800 outside the colony gate if the parking lot is full inside. I feel little unsafe...!!!

Thread Starter #15

^^^ Yes, Power windows can be fitted. Do so if you really need them. Many companies have after market power window kits. They come in 2 door and 4 door variants. Prices depends on the company.

And central locking again can be fitted. Autocop is one known brand when it comes to central locking systems. Can be fit easily by a good installer. I think they cost between 2,700 to around 5,000. Some have ignition cut off too.

Top Bottom