Fog Lamps for Alto

Thread Starter #1
hey guys.i wanted to know about the cost of the fog lamps for my alto which can be fitted in the front bumper itself. an accessories shop fellow here quoted that it was rs 150. so cheap? can anybody tell me about it? maybe its not of good quality. but quality means that the bulbs are not good right? if that is the case then the new bulbs may cost around 300. that's all. so please tell me whether this is right or no.

Thats too cheap buddy.I installed fogs on my Alto 8months back at Rs.750/-(including installation charges with switches,wires n all).Using them daily though theres no fog out here n cars normally in the colony. Lights are superb,no fuses yet.But dont go for 150 ones cause a neighbour of mine went in for a local one at rs.400/-,his fogs lasted for 6mons only.The major factor with fogs available is life span.Almost all give equal amount of light.Mine is 12v 55w.Check out with some more shops.So in the nutshell dont give anyone more than rs.750/-(tats max) for the fogs, otherwise tell me i will courier them for you.:)

Last edited:
They wont replace fog lamps in your place where you service your car huh?? I think you can get original ones from any authorised dealer!!

very true. Most of these guys install accessories but when it comes for some repair or replacement, they flatly refuse. Try from MASS too, they werent available in MASS here.

i told that because many people prefer stickin to genuine company accessories which are unnecessarily tagged at much higher end. Go for any decent pair available in outside market(maruti accessories are easily available) and if any fuses occur, you can get bulbs for yourself. Just take care of the wiring. Get it done from a good place.

Yesterday, I have installed a pair of fog lamps of China made (DLAA ) costs me Re.450/= and total cost inclusive of fixing ,wire, switch etc. is Rs.750/= It is rectangular in shape and fits perfectly in the front bumper with no portion projected outside the bumper. Light is also good (as much as good is possible in this price). But problem is , smoke is coming out from the lights after use of some times e.g. 7-8 min. I will take it to the shop but I want know what may be reason behind it. Otherwise that technician may try to make me fool.

Regards.

I do not have snaps as I marked in the night, but light smell of burning, may be plastics, I'm not definite ,is coming out.

I do not have snaps as I marked in the night, but light smell of burning, may be plastics, I'm not definite ,is coming out.
Remove the set up and check for the smoke source. I doubt it should be from the holders / wires at terminal insertion. in such case you should change the harness.

I went to the shop and checked everything like wiring, harness etc. but no fault detected. The shop guy is telling that there may be some extra adhesive or something else which is fuming due to heat and it will create no problem.[confused]

Attachments

Fog lamps for maruti alto

Guys, i'm planning to buy fog lamps for my maruti alto. It's a '07 model. I've zeroed in on the fog lamps but my authorised dealer says he has to cut and do something in the bumper to install the fog lamps and that could cost me around 4000-4500. Is this true ? Won't i be able to install the fog lamps then?. The fog lamps are maruti OEM for alto itself. Help guys !

Top Bottom