Please Suggest Me a Good GPS Device!

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

How it is advisable to have a dedicated GPS device or inbuilt Mobile GPS receiver? I have no earlier experience of using mobile GPS, does it get hang, low refreshing rate, low GPS signal, etc etc...?

Pls. advice some good GPS device and service provider, I have heard of MapMyIndia and SatGuide, are they really good?

Help! :)

Arun

Suspended
MapMyIndia is good. But, if you don't wish to spend a lot, download Google Maps on your cellphone. From a personal experience, I say that it is quite accurate. Also go through todays Mumbai Mirror. The updated MapMyIndia device is reviewed. Costs around 15K.But before you spend that much, think. Are you actually going to get lost? [lol!]

Thread Starter #3
Actually your advice make sense, may be I'll have GPS enabled high-end phone, once 3G will launched in full phase.

Hmmmmmm :)

Arun

Suspended
You just need GPRS in your phone. Ask your operator to activate your GPRS. Google Maps doesn't require a 3G enabled phone, it needs a phone with access to the internet. That's it!

Hi Granduer!

MapMyIndia is really good.

My Phone is equipped with Real Time GPS which calculates distance with Speed & Time!

That is really good & it is also MapMyIndia.

I would recommend you to use Mobile phones unless you explore a lot!

P1i

This was an Limited Edition which came with preloaded GPS which includes a Bluetooth GPS device :)

if you tend to use GPS services, start using from your mobile phone firstly, get used to this service, and later on if you still feel need more accurate details then current setup from your mobile, get SatGuide or MapIndia, both are good and accurate.

Automobile Security: GPS Tracking Device

I was reading online newspaper (malayalamanorama.com) today and happen to notice a story on what happens to the stolen cars. The story was giving an insight to how organized this crime group is. For an average Indian, buying a car is like his/her life time dream. Finding it stolen, definitely will give an heart attack [shock]

I was thinking about some GPS tracking device for car's security and found a device called Spark Nano GPS Tracker. I think at $200 this is an excellent product. Please check more details at Brick House Security Systems

Do we have something like this available in Indian market?

Okay! Grandeur is looking for a GPS device rather than a GPS based security device I presume. I think MapMyIndia is the best map available for India as of now. You either need to buy the map alone or with an equipment which ever is the case may be. Did you decide on some thing?

napster

Suspended
Map my india and satguide are very good products but before buying if we think, Is that device worth 15k? If you are a regular traveller on the highways then it might be of some use but i nthe city it isn't that necessary.
I suggest use google maps on your mobile. Works good, Accurate too. Works well on my Corby.

Thread Starter #14
MapMyIndia, but before that I'm visiting AutoSonic (Auth. Dealer for Blaupunkt) at Bandra to upgrade my head unit to make it Bluetooth/MP3 enabled.

Once done, I'll go for MapMyIndia. [:)] I hope, things should fall in place as planned.

During our trip to Mumbai, my brother was using his N82 with Google maps software for voice guided navigation. It was quite useful. You can actually try that.

Top Bottom