Accessories Needed for New Spark!!

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends, I am from Kolkata and recently I have purchased a chevrolet Spark LT and I want to buy some accessories for it, the things which I need are as follow.
1.Sun Film.
2.Front and Rear Bumper Guard,
3.Remote Locking (it only have central locking no remote locking)
4.Scratch Polish (I need a good useful scratch polish which can lighter the scratch and as well it protect the place being rusted, as the car travle only in the Kolkata Burabazar where every car get scratch easily.
5.Fuel tank Cap with lock.
6.Good Alloy Wheels

Can Anyone tell me where can I get time items at reasnable rate good products and which company products should I buy and which should I avoid.

Sun Film - Garware , Llumar ( approx. Rs.2000/-)
Bumper Guard - Now a transparent guard is available from Autographix (approx. Rs.750/- a set )
Remote lock - Autocop or Xenos ( approx. Rs.3000 - 4500/-)
Scratch Polish - Scratch Over from Formula 1
Alloy - Plati ,Neo or Apollo ( do not go for cheap China or Taiwan make)

Xlusive - Shantipally, R.B. Connector, near Ruby Hospital (for any car decor and utilities)

Indo Radial Club - near Ganja Park, Bhawanipur. (for Tyre and alloys).

As your car ply in Burrabazar, do not think about scratches and dents because it is obviously hit by the 'thallas' ( hand cart) and three wheeler vans. Probably even God can not save your car.

wishing you a happy and safe driving.

350Z

Core Team
Welcome aboard to The Automotive India, Congrats for buying Spark.

Garware, vKool and 3M are recommended brands. You can choose their variant depending upon the budget and requirements.

2.Front and Rear Bumper Guard
It’s not clear whether you are simply looking for rub guards or nudge bars. If the latter, stay away (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../1741-front-bull-bars-crash-guard-yes-no.html).

3.Remote Locking (it only have central locking no remote locking)
Autocop is a reliable brand but remember that it might void the actual warranty. Please confirm with the dealer before proceeding.

4.Scratch Polish (I need a good useful scratch polish which can lighter the scratch and as well it protect the place being rusted, as the car travle only in the Kolkata Burabazar where every car get scratch easily.
This thread would be useful: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/maintaining-my-ride/1795-effective-car-scratch-remover.html

Can you tell us the design preference and budget? Some popular brands are Plati, Neo, Aura etc.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Aura is not available right now because Hindalco, the manufacturer, has stopped the production.
Sorry for the interruption.

Thread Starter #5
My Budget for items are as follow:

1.Sun Film with UV ray protector, (2-2.5k)
2.Front and Rear Bumper Bull Guard , (4k)
3.Remote Locking (it only have central locking no remote locking), (3k)
4.Scratch Polish (I need a good useful scratch polish which can lighter the scratch and as well it protect the place being rusted, as the car travle only in the Kolkata Burabazar where every car get scratch easily. (500)
5.Fuel tank Cap with lock (Fuel is being stolen from the tank). (1K)
6.Good Alloy Wheels (14K)

Last edited:
Sun film - Go for Garware, that would come in your budget.

Bull guard - Avoid, else your car will look like a taxi.

Remote locking - Xenos or Autocop, but why no remote?

Scratch Polish - Most products dont actually work.

Fuel tank lock - I am not sure you get anything like this. You will have to fabricate one at a local tinker shop. but why do you need it?

Alloys - Go for Plati, Lenso, HR, Neo or any reputed stuff.

My Budget for items are as follow:

1.Sun Film with UV ray protector, (2-2.5k)
Get Garware Sun film with lesser transparency.
2.Front and Rear Bumper Bull Guard , (4k)
Do you actually need Bull bars for spark,it spoils the looks IMO,spend money for for others
3.Remote Locking (it only have central locking no remote locking), (3k)
Go for Autocop will be in 3.5k
4.Scratch Polish (I need a good useful scratch polish which can lighter the scratch and as well it protect the place being rusted, as the car travle only in the Kolkata Burabazar where every car get scratch easily. (500)
Don't know too much of Wax polishes,but Formula 1 wax polish is a good one costs around 200 Rs.
6.Good Alloy Wheels (14K)
Go for Aura or plati.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #8
I need the gurad to protect the car from the riskshaw (Trolly Van), And i need a good Sun film which can protect the car from heat so suggest me which one should i buy and the tank lock because where I park the car near my office I have to give the car key to the parking person and i think he is steeling the fuel.

Sun film - Go for Garware, that would come in your budget.

Bull guard - Avoid, else your car will look like a taxi.

Remote locking - Xenos or Autocop, but why no remote?

Scratch Polish - Most products dont actually work.

Fuel tank lock - I am not sure you get anything like this. You will have to fabricate one at a local tinker shop. but why do you need it?

Alloys - Go for Plati, Lenso, HR, Neo or any reputed stuff.

Can Anyone tell me what is the price of the windshield film. and which one should i choose

Thread Starter #10
i know the price is different but the difference is not more then rs. 400-500 in products which i am asking. And whats the price of 3m and Lluma, and i have heard that Garware does not work is it true.

lxi.

Suspended
For the Sunfilm- Garware OR 3M are reputed brands (garware fits in your budget)Rs.2-3000.
For the Alloys- Plati is the best brand followed by nEowheels - has a wide range with an ample budget of 14k.
For the Remote locking- Go for Autocop but it might void warranty. the MKE051 model (which i have on my alto lxi) comes at Rs.3500-4000.
The bumper beading- You can go for the local ones (body coloured) if having less budget for them (available till 400Rs.) or There are the Transparent ones available for Rs.750 For 4.
Car scratch remover- Actually i am having that SCRATCH OUT (rs.150) but it is effective only on light scratches and tyre marks on car body. Check from our Gurus for this!
Fuel TAnk lid- Didnt understand this! :stupid:.

Else you can go for a Spoiler (small) available till RS.2500-3000.

BTW- Which colour is your Spark? If its White , then white alloys would do ; if black, some chrome or silver thing is ok; or else specify the colour.

Also, are you looking for small beadings on the bumper sides or the big SUv type nudge guard/bull bars? please specify. Was confused as you have a budget of 4000 for this!

Thread Starter #12
today I got the price quation from llumar sunfilms the Black series price 1800 and Opal series 2950, both inculed sides and rear. so it is good to buy........

lxi.

Suspended
Yes, Yes, The price is Ok. You can go for it!
Please ensure that the Legal tint are 50% visibility for sides and rear and 70% visibility for the front,If doing. (Correct me if i am wrong)

Top Bottom