Headlight glare increases in IRVM due to sunfilm ?

Thread Starter #1
I have installed sun film ( don't know which brand but its worth 1200+2500 labor MGA ) . I have noticed that at night glare from headlights from traffic in rear view mirror is spreading. Is it due to the defroster lines or due to the quality of the sun film ?

I am told removing the sun film now on the rear windshield can damage the defroster lines.

Maruthi company sunfilms are such a rip off,the glare you mite be getting is cos you must have got the sunfilm installed recently & it has not exactly dried,not to mention it could be a bad one,another reason which most people do not know about is,the soup solution used while installing the sunfilm must of unfit standard for a sum film install,it must have left a layer of residue,& if the soup solution had ammonia well its good as scratching the sun films while installing them,hope this helps you
or a silly thing is your mirrors are dirty(sarcasm) [:)]

As for removing sunfilm & possibly damaging the defroster i cannot comment on that as i have no experience with that.

Thread Starter #3
Going by the bill the dealer has most likely put src garware ( about rs 1000) . I have noticed at night when viewing through the inside rear view mirror light from rear traffic is getting split across the defroster lines. My previous car didn't have a defroster. so is this common in cars with defroster lines ? Its been a week since the sunfilm has been installed I usually now avoid driving at night.

Is it something one has to get used to over time or I have to remove the film?

Top Bottom