Need To Know Basic Information About Performance Exhausts

Thread Starter #1
Hello Guyz!! I created this thread to know about exhausts(Silencers) & Sounds!?
What is Muffler?
What is Air Filter?
How do we get different sounds from silencer?
Can we modify silencer to get sound as we wish?
Is there different names for different types of sounds generated?
Can we produce sound of sportsbike like R1,Hayabusa in Apache,pulsar?
Kindly answer my questions!!!
If this kind of post is already posted please PM me the link and close this thread. I didnt search for similar thread because i didnt understand what to type for searching!!

Re: Need to Know!!

What is Muffler? The tin can sitting at the farther end of an xhaust pipe that muffles engine noise.
What is Air Filter? A paper based filter thru which the engine breathes dust free clean air.
How do we get different sounds from silencer? Depends on length/shape/type/amount of material used
Can we modify silencer to get sound as we wish? To an extent yes
Is there different names for different types of sounds generated? You can name them bark or growl or purr as you wish [evil]
Can we produce sound of sportsbike like R1,Hayabusa in Apache,pulsar? small engines can never make the noise a big engine makes but they sure can make a lot of noise.
Kindly answer my questions!!! I kind of did [;)]
If this kind of post is already posted please PM me the link No idea
i didnt understand what to type for searching!! Search terms: FFE, muffler, airfilter, freeflow and ull get the rest...

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended

most of the engines of the sport bikes are multiple cylinder engines.

a single can never make that kind of sound.

also there is a difference in the exhaust note of a v-twin and an inline four and a v-four.

You cannot imitate superbike noises with you regular cars & bikes cos stroke ratios & compression ratio are very different

Hi All!

I am planning to buy a used Fiat Palio 1.2/1.6, wanted to know how is the car in general like: Fuel Efficiency, maintenance, over all car performance, is it good with CNG or not, would CNG give me good results/mileage in a Palio.

I am planning to sell my Esteem LX 97 -CNG (Condition: not so good) the dealer has quoted me 30K without the CNG kit as I am planning to remove the CNG and install it in my next car (Perhaps Palio). Please let me know your thoughts on the Price part for the Esteem 97 without CNG and with CNG.

I mean how much shall give it for with and without CNG..

Please Advice..

Will be looking forward to hearing from all.

Thanks in advance.

AMG

Suspended
You cannot imitate superbike noises with you regular cars & bikes cos stroke ratios & compression ratio are very different

that is not true.

the compression ratios do not make a difference to the exhaust sound.

engine layout, symmetry and number of cylinders do.

I am not saying you can get that sound with a single cylinder,even with a 4 cylinder v tec or anything,as his question was to get a superbike sound,which is an inline 4 in most cases ,a superbike has a shorter stroke,and as it reaches higher rpm it needs good octane rating fuel,its just my personal experience & observation with Sbks.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9

I asked this question because, when i was in Bengaluru, i came across traffic signal. Where iin the front two guys were in Sport bike, one is YAMAHA mt01 and other one is mostly R1. And the roaring sound of those bikes impressed me a lot. Within few seconds after signal light became green, they just vanished. [surprise]

A friend of mine had the Mt 01,its got a rumble sound,
Ya super bikes are blinding fast,but try stopping them at the same rate you accelerated on our uneven Indian roads then that is quite a challenge

AMG

Suspended

Superbikes have tremendous brakes, and if you are not comfortable with them, get aftermarket ABS.

Superbikes have tremendous brakes, and if you are not comfortable with them, get aftermarket ABS.
that is pretty obvious,as i said try breaking at the same rate,meaning if you took like a good distance to accelerate to 160 & if you want to stop the distance taken is more than you accelerated,I have had some "This is It!!" moments myself but a litre class superbike can rarely brake as fast as it can accelerate(full throttle)

^
strongly disagree.
hmmm well i also remember reading the result of auto car uks 0-160-0 test results where alot of cars veyrons,ariel atoms including a1 gp car,wrc ford focus,& gsxr1000 was also tested under a professional rider,i will see if i can find the book ,i dont mean to offend you in anyway no pun intended(its a public forum,should be educational right).

Top Bottom