Right Side Tail Light Broken of Maruti Swift

Thread Starter #1
Today in the morning i was reversing my car as i was in hurry i didnt see the bike standing behind my car. I put the reverse gear and my car's right side tail light was broken.
There is a hole of about 2inches. I don't know what to do, for the time being i have just covered the broken part with transparent tape.
It would be great if someone could tell me how much it is going to cost if i plan on getting the whole tail light assembly changed or if there are any other alternatives.

Please guide me regarding this.

(not the actual pic)
Ne9fI.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Right side tail light broken (swift)

there is a technique i cant explain you properly. Then too lets try because it will help you. might sound impractical but trust me it works. you need a piece of plastic & M-seal. cut the plastic & form it in the shape of the hole in the light, so that the piece fits in perfectly. Use M-seal to stick it. now sand down the excessive M-seal & your done. it will last & will be strong. You can color it or use red radium on it. The con is that if the piece is opaque it will block light. but it wont let water or dust to enter in the light to make it look sick further. Simply DIY, save Rs.1400[clap]

22012011088.jpg

Oops sorry to hear that. Well Taillamp Assembly replacement is the best solution! If you are short with vitamin M, than go with Shonty's idea[thumbsup]

350Z

Core Team

there is a technique i cant explain you properly. Then too lets try because it will help you. might sound impractical but trust me it works. you need a piece of plastic & M-seal. cut the plastic & form it in the shape of the hole in the light, so that the piece fits in perfectly. Use M-seal to stick it. now sand down the excessive M-seal & your done. it will last & will be strong. You can color it or use red radium on it. The con is that if the piece is opaque it will block light. but it wont let water or dust to enter in the light to make it look sick further. Simply DIY, save Rs.1400[clap]
Fantastic idea. Sunny - Try this out. It seems to be a cost effective method to sustain minor damage. New tail lamp will cost over thousand bucks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nice idea shonty.I have similar problem, I have used bigger cell tape to cover it will try your way.

Top Bottom