Aftermarket Tacho Meter / RPM Meter

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

Today got an rmp meter and installed it. It had 4 wires- red,black,yellow & blue.

I connected the red one for +ve,black one for -ve and the yellow one for the back light to the parking wire\lamp. But I don.t where to connect the yellow one in my car (that's for the rpm meter to work) pls help.
This is fitted in my maruti 800.

Attachments

Thread Starter #3
Re: RPM meter

ilango[speed thirst];93180 said:
I think one goes to the alternator set up like that. its the place where mostly the engine speed is taken.

what make is that , OE maruti ?
Ya its maruti GP. Is it good ?
Pls help me out to get that wire connected..

I think the blue wire is the signal wire.And yellow should be connected to +12V(from battery),black to ground.And red should be connected to +12V(ignition or ACC).
Waiting for others answers.
And have you got any user manual with it?

Thread Starter #5

No, I dint get any yser manuals with it.
I have connected all 3 wires, you can also find the back light glowing..
Blue one is left out.

Blue wire is the RPM signal wire.It should be connected to negative side of the coil(alternator).And in some cars the signal is sent to ECU by a sensor.
BTW how much you've paid for that?

350Z

Core Team

Good tacho. I can see that you have installed it above the storage compartment. Is it still easy to access now?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #8

Good tacho. I can see that you have installed it above the storage compartment. Is it still easy to access now?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks. I can open the storage box, not fully as earlier but half it can opened..

Thread Starter #9

Hi I got it installed my self, I connected the blue wire to the ignition coil +ve terminal (if not wrong), now its working.Refer the pic(I dont know the exact name of that part).
One small problem after it crosses 2000rpm, the needle shakes..can u pls help regarding this.

Attachments

Glad to see that you've installed the tachometer.Are you sure that you've connected the signal wire to positive side of coil?
And regarding the vibration,just check if the ground is loose.

And will this work with Swift?[:D]
Once I ordered a 5" tacho,but heard that it will not work with Swift DDIS(due to dual ignition or something like that).So I'd to cancel the order.

Cheers Mate

Thread Starter #12

Glad to see that you've installed the tachometer.Are you sure that you've connected the signal wire to positive side of coil?
And regarding the vibration,just check if the ground is loose.

And will this work with Swift?[:D]
Once I ordered a 5" tacho,but heard that it will not work with Swift DDIS(due to dual ignition or something like that).So I'd to cancel the order.

Cheers Mate
Yes it will work on any car, if you have an source for the signal sensor .

Top Bottom