Its been over 3 years I've been driving my i10 and it is a charm on both city & highways.
Other than driving few things concerns me and at times annoys me a lot, here:
- Within 1st month my cousin hit car from front and bumper from both sides came open, the clips and screw loops got broken. Dealer suggested to replace the whole bumper, but I got the work done by local mechanic, he did plastic welding (Rs 300) and they got set just like nothing had happened. Saved 3-4k bucks.
- Within 6 months the left AC vent on dashboard of passenger side got broke when I simply tried to adjust the air flow. On inspecting the small plastic stick that joints the 3 shafts from inside was broken. No replacement for that stick, whole piece needs to be changed, costs Rs 1500.
- After 2 years suddenly one day stereo stopped working, got it replaced for free. Thank god I had 3rd year extended warranty, otherwise it costs me about 6k.
- Last month suddenly EPS stopped working, car was like a truck to drive. The steering module came out faulty. Costs 6k, but replaced for free in 3rd year warranty clause.
- Just found yesterday that the plastic case on front-bottom where the radiator sits is broken from side. Why the hell they made it of plastic and at so sensitive area. Replacement cost 7-8k.
- Front-left door's lock broken and power window button not working, don't know how. Both needs replacement. Cost: N/A.
- The rear view mirror produces a rattling sound when the car is on high gear and moving slow. Also the side pillars makes vibration sound when driving on rough roads.
- The cabin light switch also gets free very often and I need to fix it again and again. Found that the plastic part where it gets set got broken, so this time they fixed it with elfy glue.
- And the list can go long n long...
In all Hyundai claims about good and catchy interiors. But IMO
they only look good but are very sensitive, fragile and prone to early wear n tear.