I thought to post this in an attempt to help my mumbai based fellows to know about dealers in mumbai.
When i had to search for art leather covers for my scorpio, in a extensive research in google, i found there are not many reputed dealers in mumbai like bangalore. infact mumbai market is not open to art leather seat covers like bangalore. maybe you can blame mumbai's hot & humid climate for that.
whatever the reason maybe, those who are searching for leather seats in mumbai, i will post some info what i have collected during my search.
Leather seats are of 2 types- Genuine leather & artificial leather (also known as art leather). Art leather is available in 2 materials- PU & PVC. Avoid PVC. Though it is cheaper, it gets hot very soon & has other harmful disadvantages.
Here are your options-
* For Genuine leather:
1) Stanley boutique- this is the best choice if you want genuine leather. Price can be in the range of 40-50k for a sedan.
Address & other details- http://www.stanleyboutique.com/index2.htm
* For Art leather:
1) G Sport- G sport has 2 dealers in mumbai. One is "Chowksi motors" in Milan subway & other is "G Sport" in andheri.
I got my seat covers done from andheri. they have alloys & bull bars from g sport too. They have all the materials & seat cover designs on display.
Some more additional info about G sport-
They have 3 choices in Art Leather (all PU leather)
1. Signet (least expensive and thinnest) - thickness is 0.7mm
2. Luster (thicker with a cotton padding) - thickness is 1.5mm
3. Europa (most expensive)
More leather covers with designs is available at a fraction more cost. they had all the designs on a brochure & also pics of the designs fitted on various cars, for you to judge how that design will look in your car.
Cost is Rs. 5500 for signet for a hatchback. It costed me Rs. 11k for luster for a 7 seater scorpio for all the seat covers, arm rests & door trims.
The Steering Wheel/gear knob/handbrake is hand-stitched, genuine leather.
The ready made covers are ordered from bangalore & will arrive in 5 days to mumbai. they will be put over the existing fabric seats & then they fix the seat covers by using steel hooks to give a tight fitting. they use copper rods for contours instead of iron rods used by local dealers. this gives the seats flexibility.
Warranty is 2 years.
Contact Mr. chetan at 9320091919 for anderi's g sport. http://www.gsport.in/
2) Ryder leather- their boutique is in bandra. they have some impressive designs & you can even choose from various fittings & different stitching patterns. more info here- http://www.ryderleather.com/contact.htm
their basic range starts at 17k.
3) Orchis design- They are basically into car interiors along with leather seats. more info available here- http://www.orchisdesign.com/
their PU leather range starts at 14k & "cheap" leather is available for 6-8k.
4) Autoformindia- They are quite cheap & from what i have heard are good too. their range starts at 6.5k but i am unaware of where their shop is in mumbai. but numbers and address is given over here- http://autoformindia.com/
5) Local dealers- The same (almost) material i am getting from g sport for 11k for my scorpio, i was getting for 8k from local dealers in mulund. but i was unsure about the quality of their stitching & workmanship.
If anybody has more info about shops in mumbai, please add your valuable inputs over here.