Am I Cheated By Continental Tyres?

Thread Starter #1
hi guyz i am new here, sorry if i failed to meet any rules of the forum.

I want to share my experience with my Continental Wheels.

On 17 oct,10 i installed Continental Wheels (195 X 15) in my VW Polo. Now total Kms on my car meter is 10,350 but see the condition of the tyres (front ones). I bought continental only because that it would last long as it has a brand value in market. I never drift or do any stunts.[frustration]
Please guide where should i forward this complaint ? I bought this from Karol Bagh,Delhi. I got invoice but they have mentioned if any problem arises the company shall be liable/report to company only. IS their any customer care or any head office of Continental in delhi ?[confused]. Where should i put my complaint ?

Below i am attaching some pictures that i captured with my mobile . (front & back )
1 left front
leftfront.jpg

leftfront1.jpg

frontleft3.jpg

2 front right
frontsy.jpg

3 back
backypr.jpg
back1cr.jpg

Back ones are like new only

Thread Starter #3
how can i verify ? I have invoice of that dealer but i dont think anyone gives warranty in this type of prob !

verna

Suspended
Hmm... I think the tires should be coming with a warranty.
Why don't you contact the fellow first. If he doesn't respond, ask some tire-expert who can accompany you to catch him !![thumbsup] , you must be knowing someone... I bet (maybe some garage-wallah or even your driver would work here in this kind of a case).

350Z

Core Team
Generally, front tyres do have a tendency to wear out at a faster rate than ones on rear do but this seems to be too early. The reason might include certain factors, but speaking on the similar note, I have also heard that there’s an issue with some Polos about wearing out their tyres quicker than usual. It is not confirmed though. Still, at any cost you must inform about this to the dealership from where you bought them.

Drive Safe,
350Z

verna

Suspended
Generally, front tyres do have a tendency to wear out at a faster rate than ones on rear do but this seems to be too early. The reason might include certain factors, but speaking on the similar note, I have also heard that there’s an issue with some Polos about wearing out their tyres quicker than usual. It is not confirmed though. Still, at any cost you must inform about this to the dealership from where you bought them.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Hey 350Z, don't tires generally come with a given ** years / ****** km warranty ??

AMG

Suspended
Uneven wear.

It may have to do more with your dealership than the tyre manufacturer.

I suspect the wheel alignment.

+1 to AMG on the alignment issue and also check whether all tyres still have similar or closer manufacturing dates. Maybe they might have been swapped by mistake at a dealership.

Thread Starter #11
since i bought these tyres , my car was pulling slightly towards left i made it check with several workshops hoping that it might be alignment problem. but it does not go away even after doing alignment. Still now my car pull towards left. Some says that it will go as you installed over size tyre.

Is that the reason for the condition of my wheels ? Any solution if i cross the wheel with back ones to make it balance ???

Possibilities for uneven tyre wear
-Wheel alignment
-Brake shoes / brake setting
-Worn out suspension bushes, steering linkages
-Under inflated / over inflated tyres
Tyre upsize / downsize affects the steering & suspension geometry, this may also result in excessive tyre wear, hard steering response & steering pulling.

I think the problem is not with the tyre but the car. From the pictures i guess the front left tyre is worn out more than the right.

Also i hope you know the fact that the front tyres tend to wear sooner than the rear ones and that is why your rear tyres still look new. Follow tyre rotation every 10k KMS atleast to overcome this.

Top Bottom