Chevrolet Aveo Modification Queries

Thread Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Recently changed my stock tyres (185/65/R14) and alloys. Got larger 15" HRS alloys with 195/55/R15 Bridgestone Sport Tourer tyre. Soon after I took a trip to my Dad's place up in the hills.
I realized that every time I went over a bump too quick I could hear my right front wheel brushing up against the top. (Figured it was obviously coz the alloy height was larger now). However on returning I took the car back to the Chevy showroom here in Coimbatore to have it checked and they came up with something entirely new... They say the height isn't larger, rather its smaller now due to which the suspension coils are hitting the ground [confused] So I gotta take my car back to them every 2 months to re-adjust the suspension to keep it prim. Is this possible at all??
Not that their tinkering with the suspension helped really, i still get that noise at times, moreover after they re-worked my suspension, the car feels "wobbly" über 130 km/hr which was never the case earlier. [frustration]

Also, is there any place I could find a complete headlamp assembly with twin halo angel eyes and audi LED strips in them for my car?

Re: Chevrolet Aveo Queries

I smell something fishy here.

The change in rolling radius is hardly 2 or 3 mm between the stock & new tyre. Either the inner or outer wall should be brushing against the body (depends on offset of the rim)

Suspension coils hitting the ground? are they referring front or rear springs? If it is front, no chance. On a strut type suspension there is no possibility for the coils to hit the ground unless they break & fall on ground.
On rear there are possibilities depending on the size of the hump & reduction in diameter.

're-adjusting suspension' - I'm not getting what exactly do they mean. I never came across such a term / practice.

I too checked in the tyre reading calculator; the difference is minor. There may be some other issue I guess. Frankly speaking service center guys just find ways to blame the owner by finding any work done outside. They simply say that the warranty is now gone and they make people changing one part or the other.

Thread Starter #4

Thank you Boss and gears for your replies [:)]

I smell something fishy here.

The change in rolling radius is hardly 2 or 3 mm between the stock & new tyre. Either the inner or outer wall should be brushing against the body (depends on offset of the rim)

Suspension coils hitting the ground? are they referring front or rear springs? If it is front, no chance. On a strut type suspension there is no possibility for the coils to hit the ground unless they break & fall on ground.
On rear there are possibilities depending on the size of the hump & reduction in diameter.

're-adjusting suspension' - I'm not getting what exactly do they mean. I never came across such a term / practice.
The offset is about 38mm bro. Yeah they say its the front suspension and the dude specifically said we'd have to "keep adjusting your suspension every 2 to 3 months." I'm a noob when it comes down to stuff like that and my Dad's driver too who had come along was left feeling baffled [lol]

That aside, any info on headlight assemblies? Will post a link I found on an advertisement in an automotive magazine. These ppl have branches in Assam, Manipur and they make custom headlight assemblies of your choice for ny car. Also got in touch with 'DissyDecor' (donno if the name is right) chennai, and he said he'd revert to me shortly on the same.
http://www.indiamart.com/dissy-car-decor/car-decoration-accessories.html Scroll down on the page and you will find one.

I don't have any idea about your suspension problem but i know this Dissy shop , its very near my home. Once went there for ICE upgradation queries and the owner seemed knowledgeable.

Thread Starter #6

The guy hasn't replied to me as yet though [sad] Planning on going to Tuners Inc. or SUN to enquire after I get back to Coimbatore on Monday.

Top Bottom