Xenons and Horn Replacement For Hyundai Verna Fluidic

Thread Starter #1

verna

Suspended
I have a new Hyundai Verna 1.6 Crdi SX(O). The car is amazing, plush interiors...cool sportsback 4-door coupe type designing of the exterior, lot of features to fiddle around with, and other than that the car has a great safety features like auto unlock in case of a crash and six airbags and the drive is also quite too being a 1.6 litre diesel. A value for money buy in short I would say.
Well, now I would like to make some mods.

(1) Change the stock headlamps with 90/100 W diamond vision (Philips). How am I to go about that ? as in, I wouldn't take the risk of fitting it without a relay... Which company's relay should I go for and where will the relay be fitted ?? Never got a light upgrade done so don't have much of an idea.. Hope it will be a neat fitment and will not make the car look ugly in any way and also won't damage the electricals of the car.

(2)I want to get a horn replacement. The horn of the car is too bad !! I want to get the exact sound as the Skoda Octavia, VW Polo kind of sound. I have shortlisted some horns .. They are Roots Windtone, Bosch Symphony fanfare , Stebel Magnum TM80 , Hella Red Trumpet. Which of these are the closest sounding to the Skoda Octavia/ VW Polo ??

Any suggestions please ?
Cheers and Thanks in advance.

Well first of all congratulations on getting this beauty! And regarding your mods , my take on them.

1. First of all 100/90W bulbs are illegal! Please don't use them and irritate the other oncoming vehicle drivers. If you feel your headlamps are insufficient during night switch to the same 55W wattage after-market bulbs. Some people have given positive results about the same.

2. Its quite difficult to get the exact same tone of the VW and Skoda cars but i have Bosch symphony which sounds somewhat similar to them. It costs Rs.550 and wiring and labour charges depends. Also beware these horns go kaput upon contact with water so get them installed at the perfect place. I have changed my horn twice in 6 months , luckily i had warranty!

Thread Starter #3

verna

Suspended
Can I replace the existing horn in my car and fit a horn of a VW Passat ( somehow which I have managed to lay my hands on )..... to it
Will it be compatible ?? What are the specifications we have to see for the compatibility of a horn in a car ?? My car is a New Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX(O) (2011 model)....

P.S. OR can I also replace it with the horn of a VW POLO, VW JETTA or a VW PASSAT (my pal works in a local dealership and can give me a sealed piece of a spare horn)....
Which one is recommended to be fitted ??
Hope I need not fit a relay (most probably the VW horn would be having an inbuilt relay) and will not damage the electricals of the car
thanks

350Z

Core Team
(1) Change the stock headlamps with 90/100 W diamond vision (Philips). How am I to go about that ? as in, I wouldn't take the risk of fitting it without a relay... Which company's relay should I go for and where will the relay be fitted ?? Never got a light upgrade done so don't have much of an idea.. Hope it will be a neat fitment and will not make the car look ugly in any way and also won't damage the electricals of the car.
You must visit the following thread. It covers the information about HIDs: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-spare-parts/1624-xenons-hid-lamps-thread.html

(2)I want to get a horn replacement. The horn of the car is too bad !! I want to get the exact sound as the Skoda Octavia, VW Polo kind of sound.... I have shortlisted some horns .. They are Roots Windtone, Bosch Symphony fanfare , Stebel Magnum TM80 , Hella Red Trumpet..... Which of these are the closest sounding to the Skoda Octavia/ VW Polo ??

Any suggestions please ?
Cheers and Thanks in advance..
If I remember correctly, Hella New Generation Trumpet horn sounds similar to Skodas. Please check it out.

EDIT: Logon to Hella Studio and click Horn link. You'll find a range of horns there and can hear to them too. The fourth option from right (Red twin tone) sounds much like Skodas.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well go for Hids. They are direct plug and play and no modifications need in the wiring.

(2)I want to get a horn replacement. The horn of the car is too bad !! I want to get the exact sound as the Skoda Octavia, VW Polo kind of sound.... I have shortlisted some horns .. They are Roots Windtone, Bosch Symphony fanfare , Stebel Magnum TM80 , Hella Red Trumpet..... Which of these are the closest sounding to the Skoda Octavia/ VW Polo ??
Go for Windtones. Minda & Roots are the brands which I knew. Hella is also a good brand. However I have got local ones for my DZire and they have gone Kaput recently. Might give them for replacement soon.

Last edited:
Can I replace the existing horn in my car and fit a horn of a VW Passat ( somehow which I have managed to lay my hands on )..... to it
Will it be compatible ?? What are the specifications we have to see for the compatibility of a horn in a car ?? My car is a New Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX(O) (2011 model)....

P.S. OR can I also replace it with the horn of a VW POLO, VW JETTA or a VW PASSAT (my pal works in a local dealership and can give me a sealed piece of a spare horn)....
Which one is recommended to be fitted ??
Hope I need not fit a relay (most probably the VW horn would be having an inbuilt relay) and will not damage the electricals of the car
thanks

Well i am not sure about that , i have never seen anybody doing that before. And i am also sure that those horns must be costing well in excess of Rs.1000. Like others said try out Bosch or Hella they are cheap and sound almost similar to the VW OE horns.

Thread Starter #7

verna

Suspended
Hi everyone, and first of all, thanks a lot for suggestions and with trying help me improve my car !!

Now, on second thoughts(which is the final), I have decided I will go for the Hella Black Trumpet set (new generation trumpet) horns for the horn upgrade. I think it is a must because horn in Verna Fluidic is 'weak' compared to the STUNNER car [;)]

As for the lights upgrade, wouldn't be going in for HIDs(though they would look HOT) because don't want to tamper much with the car right now. Will think about it later. As for now, I want to upgrade to a PHILIPS Diamond Vision 5000K 12 V 55/60 W. Well, if someone could please help me out with this one thing. Where can I get the 5000 K / 4300 K fog lamp bulb specifications for my car ? I think with Diamond Vision bulbs (5000 K) lamps , 5000K/4300K foglamps are essential ( else will make my car look like [frustration] )

Thanks and cheers !

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #8

verna

Suspended
Re: Projector Light for Swift

My fog lamps are of the specification "GE 881" - 27 watts ..... My car is a new Hyundai Verna Fluidic. I am replacing my Stock headlamps to Philips Diamond Vision 5000 K lights so also want to replace my fog lamps to 5000 K or 4300 K.
Which brand and exact specification bulb do I have to fix ??
Please advise
Thank you.

My fog lamps are of the specification "GE 881" - 27 watts ..... My car is a new Hyundai Verna Fluidic. I am replacing my Stock headlamps to Philips Diamond Vision 5000 K lights so also want to replace my fog lamps to 5000 K or 4300 K.
Which brand and exact specification bulb do I have to fix ??
Please advise
Thank you.
Stick with 4300k bulbs. It should produce the same output of 5000k. Also 4300k bulbs offer the best visibility range. I would always recommend Philips.

Thread Starter #10

verna

Suspended

4300 K crystal vision of philips ? OK for the headlamps you mean ? are they better than 5000 K diamond vision ?? SURE about it ???
And what about the fog lamps ? where do i get lamps with the specification "GE 881" - 27 watts ??
that is the specification of my foglamps....

Thread Starter #11

verna

Suspended
My fog lamps are of the specification "GE 881" - 27 watts ..... My car is a new Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX(O). I am replacing my Stock headlamps to Philips Diamond Vision 5000 K lights so also want to replace my fog lamps to 5000 K or 4300 K.
Which brand and exact specification bulb do I have to fix ?? Are the foglamps of "GE 881" - 27 watts available in Philips or Hella or Bosch ??
Please advise
Thank you.

---Second Post---

Which lights are better for headlamps - 5000 K diamond vision or 4300 K crystal vision ?
Better as in - Power,Visibility,Looks,Appeal,Value for Money. All the factors put together. But main factor incase of a light is POWER AND VISIBILITY.

Am not sure whether Crystal vision or diamond vision is better. I use Auto Gauge 4300k hids. But what I would recommend would be 4300k color temp bulbs anytime since they provide the best visibility range.

Thread Starter #13

verna

Suspended
Am not sure whether Crystal vision or diamond vision is better. I use Auto Gauge 4300k hids. But what I would recommend would be 4300k color temp bulbs anytime since they provide the best visibility range.
Thanks ... I'll keep that in mind.

What I'm confused about is that where do i get lamps with the specification "GE 881" - 27 watts ?? That is the specification of my foglamps...
I am getting no answers about that and have really no clue !!!!
Any idea bro ?

Thread Starter #15

verna

Suspended
Thanks ... I'll keep that in mind.

What I'm confused about is that where do i get lamps with the specification "GE 881" - 27 watts ?? That is the specification of my foglamps...
I am getting no answers about that and have really no clue !!!!
Any idea bro ?
Still no answer to it !!
Think no one has any clue of what kinda foglamps replacement are available in the market and yes , whether they are available or not in 4300 K or 5000 K !![sad] [sad]

Top Bottom