Tata Nexon: Accessories & Modifications

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

I would be getting my Nexon Diesel XZ variant in next week though all formalities are complete. On this thread, lets discuss the accessories and modification that we are intend for our Nexon(s). In my case, I went for the Glasgow Grey Single Tone shade since the 2 tone did not appeal much to my parents. So, apart from standard equipment I have told the dealer to fix the following:

1) Fog Light in front: Going with the dealer for these since I do not want to get them fixed from open market considering the workmanship and the fact that opening of bumper et al does need some clean skills and the fixing should be proper.

2) Getting customized the White Collar stripe and the X-design element at rear from dealer itself in Silver color. My mom wasn't liking the White shade so had to go in for this customization. It was suggested to me to get the 3M gloss Black wrap done on it but somehow, having the experience of wraps on cars, I felt getting permanent paint job on this is better option.

3) Mud Flaps

4) Body Cover

5) Gear Lock is not available with the dealer so will have to purchase it from market and then get the same fitted.

Planned Accessories Post Purchase

1) Alloy Wheels preferably in gun metal color or Black.

2) Window Visors

If beyond these any other useful add-on is there then please suggest.

Regards

Akash

Re: Tata Nexon Accessories & Modifications Thread

Hi all,

I have also booked Nexon XMA petrol in red, I will be getting delivery by end of this month.

I am planning to go for black wrap for roof, White Collar stripe and the X-design element at rear from outside. I have seen a video on YouTube and will use that as reference

https://youtu.be/o2yXpQS0Zbc

Please suggest me for more ideas

Buddies,

I would be getting my Nexon Diesel XZ variant in next week though all formalities are complete. On this thread, lets discuss the accessories and modification that we are intend for our Nexon(s). In my case, I went for the Glasgow Grey Single Tone shade since the 2 tone did not appeal much to my parents.
Congrats Akash, so like mine your garage will be a TaMo showroom[clap]
So, apart from standard equipment I have told the dealer to fix the following:

1) Fog Light in front: Going with the dealer for these since I do not want to get them fixed from open market considering the workmanship and the fact that opening of bumper et al does need some clean skills and the fixing should be proper.
Please make-sure how is he going to install the Fog Light operating switches, and NO installing Fog Lights does not curtail to opening the front bumpers, have a look on post #55 of my thread, how simple the installation was.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ta-bulous-etna-orange-tata-nexon-xma-d-4.html

2) Getting customized the White Collar stripe and the X-design element at rear from dealer itself in Silver color. My mom wasn't liking the White shade so had to go in for this customization. It was suggested to me to get the 3M gloss Black wrap done on it but somehow, having the experience of wraps on cars, I felt getting permanent paint job on this is better option.

3) Mud Flaps

4) Body Cover

5) Gear Lock is not available with the dealer so will have to purchase it from market and then get the same fitted.

Planned Accessories Post Purchase

1) Alloy Wheels preferably in gun metal color or Black.

2) Window Visors

If beyond these any other useful add-on is there then please suggest.

Regards

Akash
What about Seat Covers & Floor mats, and stearing wheel cover?
Hi all,

I have also booked Nexon XMA petrol in red, I will be getting delivery by end of this month.

I am planning to go for black wrap for roof, White Collar stripe and the X-design element at rear from outside. I have seen a video on YouTube and will use that as reference

https://youtu.be/o2yXpQS0Zbc

Please suggest me for more ideas
Congrats RKKollipara, nice variant and color.

I would suggest you to ask your roof wrap guy to do a rendering on his computer on the wraps you want to execute, and then decide.

All the best to both of you, and looking forward to your ownership reviews.

Regards
Vinod

Thread Starter #5

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Congrats Akash, so like mine your garage will be a TaMo showroom
Sir, after all a promise is a promise. I had to live up to my word. I was happy with my Tigor ownership so I went in again for the Tata Car and ya, I hope to complete the Tata Trilogy as soon as possible[:)]

Please make-sure how is he going to install the Fog Light operating switches, and NO installing Fog Lights does not curtail to opening the front bumpers, have a look on post #55 of my thread, how simple the installation was.
Have informed my SA on the same and the GM too. Will be checking out the car again soon before the delivery.

What about Seat Covers & Floor mats, and stearing wheel cover?
Floor mats will be provided. Steering cover isn't of much need and the seat covers I plan for the customized leather ones like the ones I had in my CITY Ivtec.

All the best to both of you, and looking forward to your ownership reviews.
Always bless us Sir with your guidance and support. Will be writing the review post delivery. Will start the same post the launch event of Santro.

Congratulations @Akash1886 & @RKKOLLIPARA on your new booking 'The Nexon'

More and more TAI members going for Tata Cars
[cheers]

Regards

Akash

Akash Bhai,

Congrats for booking Nexon.Firstly,why did you consider XZ over XZ+?You could have bought XZ+ over XZ as it has fully loaded features like alloys and fog lights and you could have stretched your budget for XZ+ IMO.

Thread Starter #7

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Akash Bhai,

Congrats for booking Nexon.Firstly,why did you consider XZ over XZ+?You could have bought XZ+ over XZ as it has fully loaded features like alloys and fog lights and you could have stretched your budget for XZ+ IMO.
Well, I have an XZO Tigor which has all this stuff already so I felt upgrade from base model CITY IVtec to an totally new segment was wise move. Between XZ+ & XZ the 2 main features which weren't there were the Fog Lights and the Defogger rest all don't bother me. So, have got the fog lights fixed by dealer. Push button & DRL to me weren't a necessity so its OK to not have them. For alloys, I would be going for aftermarket ones after properly researching. That ways I can pick and choose the brand, design and color for them.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Buddies,

Went to check the car and select the seat covers & the window visors. The wrap job done is quite neat and has transformed the look to a reasonable extent. The car was sent to stockyard post the wrapping so you can see some dust. Will be posting the seat cover pics in evening.

20181016_140840.jpg

20181016_140851.jpg

20181016_140959.jpg

20181016_140852.jpg

20181016_140932.jpg

20181016_140908.jpg

Regards

Akash

Friends,

The seat covers and window visors have been fixed. The car now only needs to get mud flaps, mats and a body cover. Will take the delivery tomorrow itself. Here are some pics of the seats taken by Arvind.

Regards

Akash
Wow it looks amazing! I really like the wrapping job. This black would look amazing on Etna Orange. (Vinod Sir are you reading?) But car needs alloys badly. I trust you are looking into it ASAP.

Thread Starter #14

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Wow it looks amazing! I really like the wrapping job. This black would look amazing on Etna Orange. (Vinod Sir are you reading?) But car needs alloys badly. I trust you are looking into it ASAP.
[:D]Alloys will be placed around Diwali. Thinking to contact Arush @ Gurgaon or BK tyre in Lajpat Nagar Market. I bought alloys for the CITY from there only. Should I go for Black or Gun Metal color? Planning for the multi spoke ones.

Regards

Akash

[:D]Alloys will be placed around Diwali. Thinking to contact Arush @ Gurgaon or BK tyre in Lajpat Nagar Market. I bought alloys for the CITY from there only. Should I go for Black or Gun Metal color? Planning for the multi spoke ones.

Regards

Akash
It's not long now to Diwali so I imagine max to max 2 weeks or so. Try gunmetal Momo Revenge or something. Momo is a reputed brand also so no issues there. It is multispoke also.

Top Bottom