Best GPS Maps, Provider, PNDs

Thread Starter #1
Hi

Like to know which is best GPS Map provider in India. I know many of us are using satguide and MMI. I am using OVI Offline Maps personally and its quite decent considering its free. Do we have a better option. Lets pour in your thoughts

Re: Best GPS Maps,Provider,PNDs

I am using mapofindia in my galaxy 3 for offline it is good .
But if you have internet on mobile then nothing beat google map but only thing is missing is voice navigation .

Thread Starter #3

But AFAIK MMI Mobile maps are not exactly a product of MMI but of Sygic. So comapring both is it good ? is it advisable to go for an Dedicated PNDs?or Mobiles with A-GPS are on ?

not exactly map are product of MMI but they use sygic software .
its depend on you . Mobile are ok for short GPS work as they heat up lot + less battery means your mobile could say bye to you any time .

Now dedicated one are built for only work that is GPS so they are more quicker then mobile part when you need quick lock up with satellite + they have very less chance of losing satellite where as mobile part + they won't heat that much as mobile

About A-GPS work only if you have internet on your mobile else it is just simple GPS

If you travel lot then go for dedicated one but if you want to use GPS some time only like me(whenever i am stuck at unknown road i use GPS to reach home )then mobile will do the job

Last edited:

Well I have been using MAPS application by nokia on my X6 and I got lifetime navigation free with my phone, it is quite good and does its work nicely in cities and on highways. But in small places you won't find anything on the map it just goesblank.

Regarding GPS on phones, if you use network then the phone can connect to the satellites in about 1 minute else without GPRS it takes about 3-5minutes.

yup that's why dedicated one don't take more then 30sec to get lock on satellite . atleast last time i checked my friend GPS .

I am also using satguide maps with my Garmin PND and I personally feel it is very nice. Earlier I was using Google Maps but it was requiring internet connection so I moved to satguide.[:)]

Thread Starter #9
I am also using satguide maps with my Garmin PND and I personally feel it is very nice. Earlier I was using Google Maps but it was requiring internet connection so I moved to satguide.[:)]
Which one? did you purchased it from here or abroad ?

I have a Mapmyindia GPS device which i got for 8k almost an year back , its good and accurate , can be charged in car too , good one if you travel a lot.

I have been using the MMI GPS for more than two years now and I find them to be fairly accurate.

Last edited:

Top Bottom