Tata Nexon Wearable Key Accessory For Rs.5.5K. Free For AMT Owners

Thread Starter #1

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Nexon wearable key sold as an accessory for Rs 5,500 – AMT variant owners get it free

Tata Motors says ‘the wearable smart key is available only for the Nexon XZA+ variant (TATA Nexon HyprDrive SS-G) as complimentary accessory. The smart key feature is not standard to all variants of the Tata Nexon. This puts to rest the notion that all Nexon owners would at some point have access to a wearable key.

The confusion probably stems from the fact that the the wearable key was made available as part of the pre-launch Nexon test drive, and was featured in reviews at the time. With no announcement made regarding availability for only a single variant, it’s easy to see why one would assume it was a standard accessory for Tata Nexon. It’s only when we were repeatedly approached by readers these past few months that we realised we had no clarity on the matter.

In a nutshell, the peps wearable key was shown to be compatible with manual Nexon variants but wasn’t part of the purchase process. So, for the most part a number of buyers have been waiting for the wearable PEPS wristband key believing it would be made available at a later date.

The wearable smart key has in fact been available since May 2018 when Tata Nexon AMT was launched. It was after this, customers who had manual variants were also allowed to buy, but as an accessory. Dealers are charging about Rs 5,500 for the wearable key. So those Nexon owners who have been waiting for the key, you can get in touch with your dealer and get one for yourself. Below is a short video showing how the wearable key works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tCW9BiHyxs

As shown in the video, this key comes hand especially when you don’t want to carry the regular key around. This can be when you are out for a morning jog, gym, etc. Full features, how to use, etc has been mentioned in the 4 page booklet which comes with the PEPS wearable key of Nexon.

Source:

Last edited:

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Re: Tata Nexon wearable key sold as an accessory for 5,500–AMT variant owners get it

The price is steep. I was expecting 2200/- something. That would have been decent enough!. Now you say 5500/- Is it worth it now??
J.ravi and Nanofreak now I am jealous of you two.[anger] Ha Ha. You got the key for free.[lol]

Last edited:
Re: Tata Nexon wearable key sold as an accessory for 5,500–AMT variant owners get it

Tata Nexon wearable key sold as an accessory for Rs 5,500 – AMT variant owners get it free

Tata Motors says ‘the wearable smart key is available only for the Nexon XZA+ variant (TATA Nexon HyprDrive SS-G) as complimentary accessory. The smart key feature is not standard to all variants of the Tata Nexon. This puts to rest the notion that all Nexon owners would at some point have access to a wearable key.

The confusion probably stems from the fact that the the wearable key was made available as part of the pre-launch Nexon test drive, and was featured in reviews at the time. With no announcement made regarding availability for only a single variant, it’s easy to see why one would assume it was a standard accessory for Tata Nexon. It’s only when we were repeatedly approached by readers these past few months that we realised we had no clarity on the matter.

In a nutshell, the peps wearable key was shown to be compatible with manual Nexon variants but wasn’t part of the purchase process. So, for the most part a number of buyers have been waiting for the wearable PEPS wristband key believing it would be made available at a later date.

The wearable smart key has in fact been available since May 2018 when Tata Nexon AMT was launched. It was after this, customers who had manual variants were also allowed to buy, but as an accessory. Dealers are charging about Rs 5,500 for the wearable key. So those Nexon owners who have been waiting for the key, you can get in touch with your dealer and get one for yourself. Below is a short video showing how the wearable key works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tCW9BiHyxs

As shown in the video, this key comes hand especially when you don’t want to carry the regular key around. This can be when you are out for a morning jog, gym, etc. Full features, how to use, etc has been mentioned in the 4 page booklet which comes with the PEPS wearable key of Nexon.

Source:
Thanks NairRK Sir for the much needed review of the Smart band Key for Nexon,very helpful.
Would be good if you could elaborate in detail the benefits of the band in a video.

Thread Starter #5

Nairrk

Honoured Member

Thanks NairRK Sir for the much needed review of the Smart band Key for Nexon,very helpful.
Would be good if you could elaborate in detail the benefits of the band in a video.
Not many videos available explaining the use of wristband other than what's shown in the 1st post.

However, checked couple of websites and it seems mainly it is usable to unlock the door without using your car Key. See below video and Link explaining about this.

Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fy_tmU1WoM

May be Owners who is using this wearable Key can be able to explain about it much[roll]

I have Nexon XZA+ and I have been using the PEPS wristband from day 1. It's very convenient and useful in locking/unlocking the car and drive it around which is what we do most of the times. The things in which it is lesser than the other key are : lock/unlock the car from distance, follow me headlamp.

@nairrk, I don't remember receiving any booklet for the PEPS wristband.

the price is pretty steep and the questions
How many will buy it?
Why not a watch added in it to make it a better gadget with the help of Titan?
how soon will we see clones or local market accessories for the same?

Anyhow it's a nice concept and will surely make life easy in some manner.

Last edited:
In my XZA+ AMT D, I found a 4-page document on wearable wrist band resting inside the compartment below the arm's rest. I took it out, read it and attached it with the bulky owner's manual. [:)]
Ravi, Can you please scan those pages and share here. I will ask my dealer to provide me the same too.

Top Bottom