Can I Swap Airbag Steering on Non-Airbag Car?

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New steering wheel possibly comes with wheel mounted controls (like audio, phone, etc.) and connecting this to the old one may be a bit difficult, IMO (unless your old steering wheel also has all those arrangements).?

bhvm

Honoured Member
what is your plan?
you want to use a dummy new steering Wheel or you're looking to retrofit entire airbag unit, along with ecu & sensors?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I'm wondering if it is possible to swap new swift dzire (2018) steering wheel on my non airbag swift dzire 2013 model. Is it possible?
It isn't an easy job since both the Dzire(s) belong to different generations. Secondly, no MSIL ASC will agree to do the job Officially. Getting an important component like Airbag & Steering fixed from open market isn't advisable either. Better will be to exchange your existing Dzire with a new one.

Regards

Akash

I'm wondering if it is possible to swap new swift dzire (2018) steering wheel on my non airbag swift dzire 2013 model. Is it possible?
What is your purpose of doing so? Do you want to add Airbag? In that case only swapping steering wheel would not do. In case if you need steering mounted controls there are aftermarket ones available which can be attached to old steering wheel.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I do not recommend actually retrofitting entire functional Airbag system into the car. The sensor calibration. Body Strengthening as required. Seatbelt tuning etc. Its not a joke and certainly not safe.

Thread Starter #9
The only concern is “will the new steering wheel fit on 2013 model car” if does I will sure go for it. I don’t need mounted controls and airbags to work. I just want this steering for looks.

Top Bottom