Maruti Wagon-R K-Series Headlamp Assembly

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
My 2011 model wagon r head light reflectors became very cloudy and light throw is very poor during night drives.can anybody help me solving this issue?of it has to be changed which brand assembly unit will be good ?

Re: Head light assembly wagon r k series

Can you post a snap?

HL restoration can be done at 3M or even in open market, but the effectiveness and life depends on the current condition and magnitude of impact.

Since MS parts are not expensive compared to the competitors, you could go for replacement. I'm not sure if Lumax supplies this particular model, but had a good experience in past with Santro HLs. Safe bet is to go with OE part (hardly a few hundred INR difference)

mayankdixit

Honoured Member

Go ahead with the new assembly. It is not that costly. It is worth the effort. I have already done this DIY in my swift and ritz.

Last edited:

Hi,
My 2011 model wagon r head light reflectors became very cloudy and light throw is very poor during night drives.can anybody help me solving this issue?of it has to be changed which brand assembly unit will be good ?
Changing the Headlights seems to be a good option, restoring can be an option but the clarity of a new Headlight unit would be more.
Also compare the price for restoring as well as new headlight.

You will have to change them anyhow in the near future.
The plastic clear lens deteriorates with time from the elements and also from the heat/uv generated from the bulbs.
If the cloudiness is from the outside, you can go for restoration.
A DIY approach is also there using toothpaste, which has abrasive particles to clean the outer lens.
Try this in a small part of the headlamp and see if you can clean it. If successful, cover the whole headlamp. This should clean up somewhat and you will see better than how it is now.
After some period of time if it deteriorates, just replace them with new ones.

Hi,
You will get better suggestion if you could upload the present condition of your headlamps.

Most probably you could clear it just by using some polishing compound(much better than using some toothpaste)

Mine is over 9 years old car, running with 100/90watts. Recently started using 130/100 watts in the left headlamp, still it looks good.

Headlamp.jpg

So before replacing them you could try polishing the headlamps using some polishing compound and microfibre or polishing pad.

Regards,

Top Bottom