Universal Sequential Switchback LED DRL Audi-Style Turn Signal Lights Retrofit

Thread Starter #1
Greetings,

This is My first DIY post on this forum.
In this DIY i have retrofitted Audi style Sequential Switchback Turn indicators in the headlamps of Maruti suzuki Alto , the old one.
It can also be used as a DRL on any car.
This DIY can be performed on almost any car.
If you don't want to read the post entirely then you can jump straight to the video here https://youtu.be/9z-Ajks3Azk [:)]

This happened when I saw Audi turn indicators which are like running lights and i was so fascinated by it. So after lot of Research i came to a conclusion Where I will have to open the headlamp Assembly and install this LED lights.
here is how it looks after the MOD

Image11.jpg

SO In the project i Used new headlamp assembly which costed around 4200/- for a pair of it.
You will have to use heat gun first on the edge surface of the headlamp so make the glue of the headlamp soft which holds the reflector and the lens together.

This will enable you to break the seal and open the reflector.
once you get it opened make sure you keep both of it in a clean environment as any dust or fingerprints which get in there will make your headlamps look ugly.

then it was just a matter of taking measurements and adjusting the LED strip so as to fit inside the reflector,

IMG_0933.jpg

I used some two sided tape so as to make sure the LED strip stays in place,
once that is done I did put back the lens to the headlight housing and i used a silicon based glue to fix the Headlamp reflector and the lens. This made sure that there will be no passage for water to enter in the headlamp.

Final step was to just connect the driver and connect the yellow wire of the driver to the positive wire of the turn signal indicator to each side respectively.

and that was It. I am not a good writer , i will try to improve on my next post but i do make videos and that's why i have made a diy video explaing all the above process in detail here https://youtu.be/9z-Ajks3Azk [:)]

Hope you like It[cheers]

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: Universal Sequential switchback LED DRL Audi style turn Signal lights retrofit

Congrats on the achievement.
The lamps are looking quite nice!

How much did these cost?

Thread Starter #3
Re: Universal Sequential switchback LED DRL Audi style turn Signal lights retrofit

Got it for around 1500/-

Top Bottom